Chapter Thirteen

"You like Tae?" It was her question.

"A bit attracted to him." I answered as I've tried my best not to cringe. Never in mind that I'm being attracted to a poor boy and I'm quite loving it.

"Of course, who wouldn't be!" She said, a twinge of excitement in her voice. "He is so handsome, kind and generous. And he was also smart. Now, let me continue my story. He came in the form of happiness, you see, he's very popular here among the ladies but he was totally cold to them and indifferent but he was kind, and tried to help us in many ways! It was a shocker to admit he's like a knight in a shining armor that came to make our hearts flutter and just like that, we mingled and fell in love, I'm just a year younger, he was seventeen at the time."

I nodded, urging her to go on.

"We became the most popular couple on the farm and Grandma Josephine and Soo are really happy with our relationship, we were always told that we're a match made in heaven. After a few months, everything changed. We realized we weren't good for each other and have less in common and with that, we sort of became distant with each other. In the process, I fell hard for Mingyu, a friend of mine because he was so understanding for me. He encouraged me to tell Taehyung that we should break up and I did just that. We broke off and a few months later, I and Mingyu became a official couple and I and Tae still stayed as close friends. Regarding the fact I have no idea what was the reason for him being so distant when we started dating, he never told me, I still didn't care. Yes, ever since we broke up, the girls here started to get his heart and it was a futile attempt, and he was still a bit cold to them, but he was warming up to them." She shrugged, after telling me her story.

"Wait, how many girls and boys here?" I asked. "Are you all around the same age?"

"What?! No! There are more females here than males. We aren't really close in age, a bit of females are are even older than you. Heck, there's Jihyo, she's about three and a few months older than you." She points at me. "There's just fifteen females and eleven males here, including that bratty boy, Suho!" She spat.

"Wow, you also hate him?" I asked, really surprised. She just rolled her eyes, as she carefully smiled. She answered, "Yes, in fact, five percent of the female and male population on this farm doesn't like him, he's too lazy. In fact, don't be surprised if you see him chilling on a stool somewhere here."

"Well, then, I should stay away from him. Jisoo was worried that he might like me." I said, amused, as she clicked her tongue and made a 'tsk' sound.

"Excuse me, if he laid eyes on a hottie, he will, especially if she is a hard-to-get lady! It's completely true! He sees that as even a competition! He believes he's even way more handsome and stronger than Tae!" She scowled, and scoffed. I too scoffed, what a complete jerk, I finalized about Suho, I should definitely stay away from him!

"God, I'm liking you even more!" I groan a little as she grins. "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't even catch your name while we're talking like this."

"Tzuyu." She extended her arm and I grabbed it with firmness, shaking it. At that moment, I already knew we're totally friends. She was so sweet. And adorable!

"Oh, look, there's the farmhouse now!" She exclaims as she retreated her hand, and pointing. I followed her gaze, and is very surprised.

The farmhouse looked huge too, almost a four-story house. It was a mixture of white, and black with glass French doors and the glass windows. There was even a porch, I saw, with a swing attached to it. As we got on the steps, I noticed there are gnomes, a line of fairy lights adorning the entrance, and flowerpots all over. Tzuyu opened the door (which was ajar) and led me in. The interior was design was much better, just black and white furniture and a fireplace. I saw a photo of young Jisoo, and Taehyung, hugging slightly, another one with Gramma Josephine, and one of few unfamiliar people, and finally, one of everybody on the farm, right on the cool grounds. This place was comfy and really felt like home. I felt I don't wanna leave, but I must.

"So you like the place?" Tzuyu asked me.

"Are you kidding me?! This place felt and feels like home! So yeah, I like it!" I pout, and she giggled. "But, wait, aren't you not worried of the—"

"Burglars? Thieves? Robbers? Nah, we're pretty secured here. There's an alarm and it will take fifteen hackers to shut it off as well as the security cameras that's stored outside the farmhouse. And there's our two fierce German shepherd dogs out in the back, so no chance." She grins evilly. "Come on, let me take you to the kitchen!"

"Tzu!" Someone suddenly said, and I look around to see a young girl, probably about six years old. What made me amused was that she looked angry, her hands on her hips. "Tzu! Grandma is looking for you!" Then she noticed me. "Who's this?" I and Tzuyu shared a look, and I almost laughed at how Tzuyu looked rather scared. Tzuyu turned to the girl.

"Forgive me, Mira." She placed her hands on her ears, careful of the basket, and the little girl sighed, nodding. "Mira, this was the auntie Grandma Josephine was telling us that she'll come today." She informed, and Mira looked gleeful.

"Auntie Jennie!" She squealed and I gasps as she ran over, hugging my legs. I laugh, carrying her up. Tzuyu stuck a tongue at me, and ran away. I stood there, gawping like a fool.

"Hello, Mira, how are you?" I asked.

"Fine, Auntie!" She cheekily grinned and I caught sight of her dimples. She must be a orphan too and sincerely, I told myself to love her like a little sister just like I to my Ningning as I dropped her down gently, her pulling me down some hallway. I can hear numerous laughter as we neared and found myself in the entrance of the bright wide kitchen, and everyone turned to me, and there was silence...till a girl came up to me, she looked like she's Ning's age, a bit older.

"Oh my god, there's the Jennie Kim! The JENNIE KIM!" She squealed loudly and therefore gave me a crushing hug. "I can not believe I'm meeting you! I'm Somi!"

I gasped for air and laughed once again as she pulled out of the hug, jumping slightly and then turning to Taehyung, who looks a bit confused, being adorned in an apron, a spatula in hand. "Oh my god, Tae, you're right! She's beautiful just like you said it!"

I widened my eyes, stiffening slightly and he looked quite stunned, embarrassed too and I couldn't help a slight giggle. But his embarrassment floated away. "Somi." He looked stern. "I didn't say anything about her being beautiful and come here and eat your omelette!"

But Somi ignored him, turning back to me with some sort of wrongness on her face. "I am not kidding, Jennie!" She wailed as she held my hands. "It's true, he said that you're so beautiful with your bright ginger and starry green eyes, and how your cute little nose would scrunch up when you're smiling..."

I was nodding, urging her to go on. I just got really amused by all this that I didn't want her to stop but Taehyung came and literally carried Somi on his shoulder like she was a bag of potatoes, followed by the people laughing, including me. My hands were literally on my stomach, as I struggle to stop laughing. He then sat Somi down on a stool, pushing a plate of omelette to her. She huffed, crossing her arms and is looking like she was refusing, but with just a glare from him, she sighed softly and began to eat.

I so never wanted to leave this place.