Chapter Twelve

I was sitting in a dressing room, wearing a grayish silver satin robe. My smile was really infectious as I stared at myself, my reflection peering at me in the mirror. It was bright and shiny, considering the big sun rays falling into the room.

The door opened and I looked up, seeing Ning in a similar satin robe as I am, but lavender. She looked a bit older, and her features were truly defined, like as if she has grown up.

"Jen? Stop smiling a creep. I get it, it is a happy day today. Your big day!" She told me, chuckling. She looked really bold and matured, surprising me.

"How can I not?" I chuckled back. "After all, it's my big day." I looked at myself in the mirror, still unable to stop smiling as the door opened and Jisoo came in, also wearing a satin robe.

"Guys, what are you talking without me, the great Jisoo Kim?!" She boasted about and Ning went into a squeal of laughter.

I shook my head. "Talking about my big day, you dumdum." She rolled her eyes at me.

"I can't believe it. You're getting married, Jen." Jisoo almost pirouetted around the floor, falling on the bed and laughing. As I grabbed a card, I shook my head again.

"Yep, I am." I chewed on my lower lip as I opened the card, catching the royal gold cursive of 'Taehyung weds Jennie' and the memory almost began faint now.

I sat right back up, looking at Jisoo's now frowning face as she glared down at me. It seems like we're at the back of the pickup, the sky becoming beautiful all of a sudden as I understood Jisoo's annoyance as she grabs my hand, us getting off the pickup.

I looked up at the nicely green fields. The farm was quite spectacular, having a barn,  the horse stables of groomed horses, and so much more. It even has a greenhouse! The farm was protected by a strong wood fence, and there was a arched sign above it, reading out: Grandma Josephine's Big Happy Farm! I smiled a little, taking good notice that Jisoo was still annoyed with me.

"What are you dreaming about anyway?" She asked as we passed the pigs who are splashing mud about and a pond where a fish jumps out, wiggling its tail, before it jumps right back in.

I decided to be a bit honest with her. "I'm getting married. That was my dream." I've been wondering why I'm getting married in my dreams. Am I getting affected to see my future?! Worse (not really), Taehyung is included in them.

"Am I there? Who are you getting married to? Don't lie Jen, I've seen that red face in my life countless times. Been there." She's saying as we passed the barn...and is that a lighthouse, probably to catch intruders, thieves and burglars.

"Can I be honest with you?" I begged as I stopped, checking if no one is around. She seemed sincere as she nodded and I sigh in relief.

"And can you please not tell anyone about this?" I begged once more. She nodded, a little confused but still sincere. I smiled at her, I've known her for six days, but I felt like we've known each other for years and are platonic soulmates.

I cleared my throat, "It was just taken in a dressing room. Ning came in, looking like  year or two older, and followed by you. In the dream, it ended with a wedding card, and my name was there, obviously and...and..." I trailed off, unable to say it. What will Jisoo be thinking about me after this? Probably a weirdo who dreamt about her brother two times already, and she's the witness!

"And..." She raised a brow, urging me.

"And your brother." I spat out, blushing as her eyes went wide. "Please don't think of me as a weirdo, I don't know why I have been dreaming about me? Am I going a bit crazy here?"

She was still shocked but gave me an eye roll. "Duh, Jen, that's because you like my brother!" She exclaims a bit and I covered her mouth, going more redder.

"Shh! Shh! Jisoo, are you mad? How can I like him?! I just met him five days ago?!" I made sure that she wouldn't scream and I let her go. She just grinned crazily at me, it is a bit frightening, if I tell you. She was looking like a reincarnation of the devil.

"Love at first sight exists, Jen. And there's attraction too. Maybe you like him but it seems like you don't know yet, hence the dreams." She persuaded me, me looking at her so confused and bummed out. But I refused to believe I like Kim Taehyung, a young but unique boy in almost a week?!

Maybe I'm attracted to him? I mean, he's kind, smart, attentive, a bit funny, and is very matured, which is practically all the traits I see in a life partner...Jennie, stop it! You don't like him that day, you get it?! Stop thinking about me.

I just shook my head sternly at Jisoo. "I just don't think I like him. Maybe I'm a bit attracted to him, and that's it."

Jisoo's eyelids turned heavy at me. "Soon, you'll come to me crying and tell me you are in love with me. Very soon."

I placed a hand on her arm, leaning a bit. "Even if I do, my mother...she'll make me leave him..." My voice wavered a little and I gulped a lump.

"Jennie!" She snapped at me, taking me by surprise. "You're an adult now and you have the right to stand up to your mother! She doesn't control your life at all! God, I am so annoyed now! Don't talk to me!" I was stunned by her knowing words that before I could speak, she stomped away, her hands fisted.

I just stood there, standing like a fool. All I wanted to do was to run after her like a desperate person, and apologize. She was my very first friend when I came to Titan College, indeed my first friend that's not the same status like me, but I didn't care.

"Hey, you okay?" A kind voice startled me. I turned around, meeting a girl in farming wear, with black hair parted in two braids, and holding a basket of eggs. She has dirt on her nose and cheeks but that made her adorable. I chuckled slightly; I knew I'm a sucker for cuteness.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I wiped my eyes which I didn't notice were watering. She narrows at me and I get her message: you're lying and tell me, I wouldn't make fun of you.

"You see, my friend, Kim Jisoo. We had a fight and she stomped away." I answered, a bit hesitant but her eyes widened, filled with adoration.

"Oh my god, are you the JENNIE KIM?! I heard about you! Actually, Grandma told us we'll expecting you today. No wonder! Come, I'll take you to the farmhouse, it's a bit close." She squealed, and I laughed as I accepted, joining our hands together and she told me her story.

"Actually, I'm an orphan, most of us kids here are orphans and we've been taken in by Grandma Josephine, she's really sweet and caring and we've grown to love her as a mother too. Apparently, she taught us a few things, like homeschooling and we, in return, we helped with the farm and also, the business. We all brought the money to send us to school and we lived happily! It was so fun being here!" She jumped and I was really impressed by the farm life here.

"I thought I wouldn't be happier enough, till that new spare of happiness turned in the form of Taehyung." She further adds, and I stopped, dumbfounded. Taehyung? Is she speculating that they dated before?

Before I could mask the disappointment off my face, she turns to me, smirking as big as possible. I immediately sighed, I've recognized that look anyway! Oh god, just help me!