Chapter Nine

Art Class.

Ms Marlene is quite a jolly woman who has unique enthusiasm and energy for her favorite thing to do, art. No wonder she's the art teacher here. She's rather tall, just perfect for being a young model, with her perfect black eyes, light platinum blonde hair twisted into an updo bun and a kind cheerful face which lightened the class in the department.

"Welcome class to your first art class and I hope we'll do extremely well together with patience for each other for the four years to come." She looked gleeful and I could not really blame her. "For today, you'll be painting anything you want on the canvas and don't be shy or embarrassed, I was so once like you all too, and I'll be there in to guide you."

I couldn't actually help my cheeks warm as I picked up a plain canvas, setting it on the easel and grabbing the palette and my brush. I stared at the canvas, not knowing what to do. I looked at Jisoo, she was just already painting a bowl of fruit which was quite nice anyway.

"Anything wrong, Jennie?" Ms Marlene's kind voice drifted into my ears as she was by my side, looking in worriedly. I bit my lower lip, freaking embarrassed.

"I really had no idea what to draw, Ms." I said carefully, blushing much harder. She just softly laughed, patting my shoulder in a nice way.

"It's perfectly fine and normal, Jennie. We sometimes have an empty head. But look at the canvas and draw something that is unique or something that you love. Look at Jisoo's or Taehyung's painting." She says, as I ducked my head to see a canvas full of colors, making up a smiling old woman. Gramma Josephine and I gasped, feeling encouraged by Taehyung's artwork sincerely.

"Alright, I can do this." I breathed in very carefully as Ms Marlene walked away. I'm quite determined as I immediately did it, a line of colors as I made a artwork that I will truly adore for the rest of my life.

"I am done, Ms Marlene!" I called over my shoulder after a few minutes, splotches of paint on my nose, forehead and face and I slowly smiled as Jisoo came by my side as she gasped at my artwork.

"This is really beautiful, JenJen!" She was praising me as I stared at the painted and smiling figures of I and my siblings doing a group hug under the snowflakes.

"Really pretty." I jumped a bit, turning to my side to see Taehyung crouching down beside me, his fluffy black hair hidden in his baseball cap but some tresses sneaked out, framing his face. Is it just me or is it my urge to feel his hair?

My cheeks heated at his words and now, I felt my heart speeding fast as I looked into these hazel mysterious eyes that twinkled rather childishly and I jumped out of my reverie when Sehun interrupted us with a scowl. Why is he scowling though?

From my peripheral vision, I could see Jisoo looking at her finished painting with a little smirk tugging her lips as I stared at her with bafflement and confusion. Sehun added, "I really like your painting, Jennie. No wonder you're in Cyan too."

"Yeah!" Rosé popped by even though I wasn't even listening (nor acknowledging their praises since I was keeping my eyes on Taehyung), "Your painting of Gramma Josephine is much better than my artwork really."

Taehyung curved his lips, shaking his head. "I've normally drew Grandma before so it wasn't new. But you look really happy and lively in this painting."

"Excuse me? What about mine?" Sehun interjected into the conversation with no care, letting us see his painting of a snowy day.

"Pleasantly great." I gave him a thumbs up and he smiled a bit, blushing, and he's looking quite shy. Jisoo nudged me with a jerk, sending a wink my way.