Chapter Eight

The Great Hall in Titan College looked so similar to one in the Harry Potter movies and books I've watched and read. Except that the four long tables and staff table is adorned with silk colored tablecloth and a lot of silver tablewares, similar to a fancy restaurant.

We stood in a line, I, Rosé, Lisa, Irene, Jisoo, Taehyung and Sehun. Sehun was a bit quiet, but right now, he's busy talking to Taehyung about something.

I looked at our uniforms. I'm in Cyan, Lisa is in Gold, Rosé in Silver, Jisoo also in the same house as I, Taehyung in Silver, Irene in Amber and Sehun in Cyan. Lisa was the only person in one house. We have badges on our blouse/shirts, on the Cyan badge is a koala with grey highlights, on the Amber badge is a black wolf with amber eyes, on the Silver badge is a silver owl with dark blue eyes, and on the Gold badge is a very white tiger with yellow stripes.

Christopher Lee came into his podium as the students from each four tables were at the finishing phase of staring at us. Lee is smiling which somehow made me feel a bit better.

"Welcome seven students to Titan College respectively. We all hope you'll do well in the college and with your housemates. As soon as I called your name, please go and sit down at your table. Bae Joohyun!" Lee yelled and the Amber students clapped as Irene made way to them.

"Way to go, Irene!" A young boy who was definitely a bit older than Irene shouted. He is also a redhead and is really cute and handsome still with bunny teeth.

"Who's he? Her brother?" I asked Jisoo.

"More likely her cousin. He's Jungkook, a childhood friend of I and Taehyung. He's rich like Irene too." Jisoo answered. "They are the same age but a few months apart, but because of his intelligence, he went to school a bit earlier than most kids so he's just in year one despite this. He has many reasons to skip two years at messy but he was hellbent in being in year one."

I nodded, getting the point from Jisoo.

"Kim Jisoo!" I clapped heartily as Jisoo gave a flattering shy smile as she walked to the Cyan table.

"Kim Jennie!"

I just walked over, feeling overwhelmed.

"Lalisa Manoban!"

Lisa confidently went to her table.

"Roseanne Park!"

Roseanne tightened her lips, smiling just slightly at her housemates, going over to the table.

"Oh Sehun!"

Sehun indifferently blinked and went to my table, and I smiled happily at me and did I caught him blushing?! How cute!

"Finally, Kim Taehyung!"

Taehyung really looked indifferent and a undefinable emotion swarmed in his deep hazel eyes as he walked over to Rosé and sitting down beside her.

After some preaches and announcements from Principal Lee, he clapped his hands and we are able to eat breakfast. I grabbed my cutlery, refusing to make eye contact with Marci who was hell-bent looking at me and Jisoo quite strangely.

If you tell Mum, I would defend. I thought bravely. Even if she tells Mum, I will just defend my friend to no-end.

After breakfast, Principal Lee stood up. "On every Mondays, there are no classes until afternoon so you're free to do just anything you want. Prefect heads, show the new students to the dormitory." He announced and a boy and a girl stood up. On their badge underneath the writing of the house "Third Year."

"Hello, I'm Annabelle Whyte, and he's Thomas Mill." The prefect girl said with a welcoming smile to I, Jisoo and Sehun. I believed Thomas and Annabelle are going out, more so, a couple since by their looks they're giving to each other.

I, Jisoo and Sehun immediately followed them to the back of the school where there are four large buildings with the names of the houses in large block letters in front.

Annabel pushed open the doors and just in front was a hallway with two separated paths, one leading up, the other leading down. Annabel led I and Jisoo to the path that took us up.

"There are four beds in one dormitory in a hall in this building." She was saying. "We took it simple, you two will sleep with two second year girls, and once you two are in second year, they will be in third year and just like that."

She took us to the floor that is two floors down from the top and made way to a big hallway and down. She stopped in front of a door that read "340" and knocked. The door opened by a young girl.

"Yeri, please welcome your roommates you have been waiting for." Annabel was smiling. Yeri waved at us and moved the way for us to come in.

Annabel left.

"Hi, I'm Kim Yerim but just call me Yeri." She introduced to us. "She's Im Nayeon, the one sleeping over there." She pointed to a young girl who was sprawled over her bed, snoring softly.

"Please make yourselves home. The rules for us for the next four years then are on that billboard at the corner over there, I would like you to review it," She said with a gentle temperament.

I and Jisoo immediately reviewed the rules on the billboard, and went onto our beds, instantly feeling like home.

I immediately brought out my laptop as I decided to pack my stuff into a wardrobe (four each) later after the lessons and the dinner too. I immediately did a video chat with Ning. She immediately answered.

"Hey, Ning. Hope, I'm not disturbing you by calling now?" I asked, worried that I was disturbing her.

She smiled at me. "No worries. Today's a Monday and I don't have equestrian class until later. Just called Dad today, he seem a bit happy living off on his own."

I didn't really know what to say but then I settled on, "great, it's good to contact Dad. Anyway, is Mom bothering you?"

Ning looked perplexed. "Everything's fine and well, Jenduek. Mom didn't do a thing yet somehow I feel it's gonna be soon. I'm completely sure."

"Harold?" I looked immensely worried.

"He's been visiting, a bit harsh to me since Yoongi is not home most of the time." She answered like as if it didn't matter but still I felt my hands tightening to a fist.

"Ning, just ignore him if he doesn't say or do anything." I thought of something right there. Ning nodded, looking thankful for my help.

"By the way, how's Titan College?"

"It's great." I answered, giving a thumbs-up to conceal my anger. "In fact, I already made lots of friends. Here's my mates." I immediately rotated the laptop so Ning can see my roommates doing their things by themselves and the room interior.

"Fantastic, Jen, keep it up." Ning acts like a happy and prideful mother and I could not help but laugh at her antics. We talked for some more until I ended the chat and sighed, going into my bed covers for some warmth.

After some exciting yet exhausting lessons of the day (plus dinner), I dragged myself into my bed, getting my phone. I got very startled when I heard a thing, getting a "Sooyah added you to the group chat!" notification and saw that Irene, Lisa, Rosé, Sehun, Jisoo and Taehyung are online.

I accepted, going into the group chat.

Honestly, the group chat was typically a mess with Sehun sometimes bellowing on us as how chicken nuggets may taste good in mustard rather than ketchup using all caps while I argued back, saying that what is a world without ketchup! Somehow, it has gotten into a fight between us girls on ketchup and the boys on mustard that I immediately went offline, caught Jisoo's smiling eyes and giggled.

Evening Dad, I made it to the college and my first day is quite wonderful too. I was thinking of dropping by in California just soon of the summer holidays rolled in. Oh and I'm in Cyan, like Marci, and made lot of friends. I love you.

Sent. I felt reassured, really.

Evening, sweetie. I'm so happy and so proud that you made it to the college and very pleased you enjoyed your first day as well. Oh, please come to California as soon as the summer holiday rolls in. I love you too.

I finally smiled with ease that night.