Chapter Five

National Airport were still bustling with a lot of people and the paparazzi would not even quit flashing their stupid cameras on my face but I made sure to do some poses. Somehow, over the past few days, I think I have managed to not sign the papers and I swear, Yoongi made preparations to steal the file in a few days.

Ning clasped my hand as some bodyguard brought out my luggages. She preferred to escort me to the airport despite the fact, I believed she'll be in her room, reading one of the most cheesiest romantic novels that she was somehow obsessed with it.

"Don't be scared, Ning. Stay by my side as I don't want you getting lost in the crowd then." I whispered lowly to her. She really hates going out in public because of then the noisy paparazzi but I then just realized she's just an introvert. I'm one too, but I really like going out in public.

Ning nodded as we hurriedly ran into the airport and I breathed a sigh of relief as we were safe inside. I was wondering where the heck is Rosé and Lili? The private jet wouldn't be waiting for us.

"Jennie! Ning!" I heard Rosé shout and tackled by a hug. I laughed heartily when Ning awkwardly hugged Lisa though she didn't notice. I and Rosé pulled away and I'm now hugging Lisa whilst it's Ning and Rosé.

"She offered to escort me." I told my best friends. "You're really such a good, kind  thoughtful sister, even Chanyeol wasn't this helpful!" Rosé complained of her tall and overprotective older sibling.

Ning smiled, blushing a bit. "Thank you."

I just smiled. "Well, let's go, the private jet wouldn't wait for us." I made sure to give Ning a last hug and goodbye as she eased in my warmth rather when she's hugging someone else. I love how we shared a very nice strong bond.

I waved one last goodbye before we went through the terminal and then after some few minutes, entered the private jet. I was quite surprised by the fanciness of it but I didn't much as I settled down on one of the lavish seats.

"Jennie, we naturally saw what happened at the convenience store a month ago?" It was Lisa who broke the silence, making a cup of tea for herself. I stiffened when I'd reached a plate of biscuits.

I frowned, getting a biscuit and popping it in my mouth. "You should've told me this earlier, why now?"

"We wanted to but we really spent the whole month, busy for the Titan College as we are all admitted." Rosé said. "What is up?"

"Ah," I nodded and told them what had happened at the convenience store that day and told of Mum's warning.

They were all looking shocked and then Lisa frowned. "I don't get why your family detested poor people? What did they do? They're humans just like us."

I opened my mouth, ready to defend my family, but I closed it. How could my own friends understand the situation in the so aristocratic Kim family?

"I don't detest poor people, neither Ning or Yoongi, we just pretended to. As far as I know, Mum was the one who finalized the motto of the family, probably due to her past, I never knew." I shrugged. Thinking back, I knew Mum was hiding a secret as why she made this bizarre superstition to not fall for a poor person. I wondered if it was possible she fell for a commoner? She would've told us, her own children, but I guessed I did understand her, sort of.

The trip went quite smoothly and the only tightening feeling in my chest disappeared instantly. I was feeling homesick. I travel a lot but that doesn't mean I'll ever stay in a place for nearly my whole life, just like how I'm entering a boarding school.

"God, I'm homesick." Rosé squeezed her face. I stifled a laugh, for that I'm hurting her feelings towards if I did so. I shut my eyes as I felt the jet going lower. I hated traveling in a plane because I really felt nervous whenever we're gonna land. I'd preferred a car or even so a subway train.

The jet ran smoothly at New York Airport and the pilot finalized the destination by the intercom. I quickly got to my feet and some people came in, getting our bags on the trolleys as we came out of the plane.

I saw a burly man holding a sign, "Jennie Kim, Roseanne Park and Lalisa Manoban here" and I pulled us towards the guy. He simply simply greeted us and then took us to a black van and we entered.

"How is your aunt like?" Roseanne said as she scrunched up her nose. I stared at her and then giggled.

"She's a little bit like Mum but very nice and she doesn't like how Mum treated the poor people. But watch our for her bratty daughter, Marci." Marci is a year older of my age and somehow, she hates my guts. What have I ever done to her that she just went ahead and spoiled my dresses with a  permanent marker and I did remembered I was so upset and did a tantrum, aged 6 and a half. She's also in Titan College, and in Cyan. Oh and I forgot, her father died when she's young.

"How do they know which house to get us in?" Lisa asked as the van moved. "I heard that they'll simply give you a simple test, and technology will take care of the rest." Rosé answered, shrugging.

"Umm, what a brilliant college." Lisa just tightened her lips as I opened my phone to text Dad. Morning Dad, I'm heading to Aunt Clarissa's house already with my best friends. I then hesitated and forced myself to continue, Have you heard that Mum is getting engaged to her lover?

It's been quite awhile and I'm still staring at my phone, hoping for a response. But I already knew he wouldn't answer since he has seen the message.

We stopped in front of a beautiful house, and when we got out, I was tackled into a hug by an eccentric Aunt Clarissa. She's a beauty with blonde hair and brown eyes, and always has a noble and majestic aura around herself. Marci was behind her, as she scowled at me, tilting her head. She's also pretty with blonde hair and blue eyes which was really inherited by late Uncle Edward.

"Marci!" I forced a smile, getting her into a hug. We always pretended to be friends in front of Aunt Clarissa but once alone, I swear, we're sworn enemies. She hugged back not gently though. I pulled away and I introduced her to Rosé and Lisa.

"Come in, come in, I'm going to make dinner tonight!" Aunt Clarissa jumped in happiness. I widened my eyes, clutching my purse, hesitating. Aunt Clarissa wasn't at all bad in cooking but at the same time, wasn't good but I could only forced a tiny smile through gritted teeth.

After a dinner of soggy lasagna and undercooked chicken, I went to a guest room which will serve as my room for just only a whole week and laid on my bed. At that moment, my phone dinged and I just checked.

Evening, darling. I heard. But it's neither my business because we aren't together anymore. Hope you have sweet dreams at Clarissa's.

At that moment, I realized he didn't even write 'I love you' which was a habit he did every single evening.