Chapter Seven

"Welcome, everyone." Principal Lee said. "Every single year, we accepts only seven people with high marks in the exam that was taken online to gain admission. Now, there are four houses in Titan, cyan, gold, amber and silver. Students in Cyan are of creative students and are idealistically so Cyan is the smartest house. Gold students are mature, kind and gentle and talented in any aspects. Amber students are loyal, nature and animal lovers and tend to be soft in nature and thinking. Finally, Silver students are ambitious, logistic and very curious beings. This Special Test is to see which house is perfect for you."

Principal Lee distributed the letters and I held my fountain pen in my hand, feeling a bit lost and lonely. Lee came in front as he looked around and said, "you may now begin."

The hall was quiet except for the sound of the pens scribbling on papers. I looked at my paper, only ten questions and easiest ones there ever is but long answers really was needed to be done under each one. I kept biting my lip, ignoring how nervous and queasy I am.

Jennie, why are you nervous?! This is one easy goddamned test and you're feeling a bit nervous? I scolded myself in my head, and I subconsciously peaked at Taehyung whose head was bowed down and his just beautiful veiny hand were busy guiding a pen on his paper. I looked away, blinking incredulously to myself. Why am I acting like this?!

After a measly fifteen minutes, Principal Lee clapped his hands. "Time's up! I'm so sure most of you are done by now. Papers now."

I stifled a groan as I handed my paper to Lee. He scrutinized it, and gave me a look of amusement that baffles me. I watched as Taehyung simply gave his paper away, standing up and picking his things. I then shoved my pen into my handbag, standing up and leaving the room.

My fingers grabbed the hems of my dress as I waited for Rosé and Lili to come out so we could go out. I stiffened as Jisoo as well as Taehyung came out with Irene and she giggled, laughing heartily at what he was saying. I strained a curious ear but I got startled as Jisoo snapped her fingers at me with no warning.

"Ahh!" I nearly jumped, tripping.

"Gotcha!" She laughed for awhile before it dies down. "I was just wondering that you, Roseanne and Lisa might be coming with me and Taehyung to the fun fair today if you like to? I already spoke to Roseanne and Lisa, they agreed right away."

"A fun fair?" I whispered, becoming quite excited of going to a fun fair and ignoring how Irene's hand sneaked on Taehyung's arm as they laughed softly at a corner. The scene burned my eyes somehow.

"Yeah, our grandmother runs a business at the fun fair every single week to sell a lot what we got from our farm but we've got handmade bracelets, bead jewelry and lots of things." Jisoo answered. "Grandma told me how you defended her a month ago and now coincidentally when Tae has told me you're the one, we decided we will take this as an opportunity to treat you to something."

I felt touched but was hesitant. I think she saw my look and immediately said, "Now, I get it, you're a rich lady, and you mustn't have been to a fun fair, I shouldn't—"

"No, I've been to fun fairs, it's just that it's held in auction houses." I smiled, feeling embarrassed and flushing when Jisoo just gave a amused look. "But I would love to go to go to the fun fair."

"Fantastic." She smiled at me as Taehyung made way to us. "Where have you been?! I was just busy telling Jennie here to come to the fun fair with all of us."

"Sorry, Irene and I are talking about just registering in clubs. I'll be in the debate club and she'll be in the photography club. You two?"

"Ah, yes, I'll be in drama club, longing to be an actress." Jisoo said seriously. I was really impressed and interested.

"I think I'll be in the fashion club, I want to be in the fashion world definitely. It's been my dream for years." I answered to Taehyung's question and I could've swore that his eyes looked prideful before all the emotion diminished. Rosé and Lisa finally came and was asked the same question.

Rosé would be in the cooking club and Lisa would be in the film club. We went out of the school as I spotted the driver.

We entered the car normally, this time, with Jisoo and Taehyung. "National Fun Fair, downtown, near the countryside." I said the address when Jisoo told me and the driver nodded obediently, before the car got turned to life.

Me and the rest of the girls soon bonded with Jisoo, who was so lively and talkative so we hit it straight away. The only person who didn't speak during the whole ride is none other than Taehyung so from my eye very expertly, I could see him take glances at me from time to time.

Huh? What was that about?

The driver soon parked in front of the fun fair which were buzzing with children and many vendors and many adults walking in around and chattering. It was so lively, so much better than the boring auction stuff where you'll raise a paddle with intent to buy something.

"C'mon, I could see grandma." Jisoo just pulled me out of the car so fast that I can't restrain myself from moaning in pain.

Taehyung twirled around. "Jisoo, how many times must I tell you not to pull any person out of excitement?!"

Jisoo flinched and then flushed, looking a bit obedient. "Sorry, JenJen." I smiled at her, loving the nickname. Maybe Mom is wrong about commoners. I wouldn't mind being secretly friends with a thousands of course, as long as I'm happy.

"It's fine." I let her pull me—gently—and I surveyed the fun fair with my eyes, awe is swimming in them. My mouth couldn't be closed this time. "This is literally beautiful and fun!"

Jisoo giggled, pulling me to a stall where things Jisoo mentioned her grandma were selling her displayed and by no doubt, the old lady was there. She looked surprised to see me but immediately smiled.

"Jennie, isn't it dear?" She asked.

"Yes." I nodded. "Nice to meet you, uh..."

"Call me Gramma or Josephine." She said and I smiled charmingly. "I'll simply just call you Gramma Josephine, together. I couldn't help asking, aren't you Korean?"

"Dear, half Korean-half American. My Korean name is Taena. Jisoo's English name is Julie and Tae's Theodore." She answered and I nodded.

"I'm Korean but my name is Jennie, I do not really have a specific name other than that. I believed my English name will be Jane." I answered. "These are my friends, Roseanne but her Korean name is Park Chaeyoung. The other one is Pranpriya Manoban, she's Thai, but her other name is Lalisa but we shortened it to Lisa. Even despite that we're not fully Americans but we live in New Zealand."

Gramma Josephine nodded. "You two are also free to call me Grandma Josephine as well! Now, for our owing to you, Jennie, I believed you three deserved pumpkin pie and strawberry smoothies!"

"Yes!" The three of us shouted back and I watched Taehyung getting into an apron as he tended to the other customers and I realized this business was growing and I felt an overwhelming pride.

"Come follow me!" Jisoo pulled us to the back of the stall-holder and we sat down on three chairs as she gave us plastic plates of pumpkin pie and strawberry smoothies.

"Tae, did you talk to Irene yet?!" Jisoo yelled to Taehyung as she placed on her apron, leaving us. I paused in eating, and suddenly felt an overwhelming feeling in my heart, spreading my body.

I sighed. This is going to be a long day.