Chapter One

I glanced at Ning, and then my brother at the dining table. Yoongi was bent over his food, his ginger hair falling over his head. I have a head full of ginger head, so did Ning, most of us do, inheriting it from our father. I've always knew Mom doesn't like our hair as they always reminded him of how Dad ran away with a poor woman, violating the superstition and motto of this family.

I glanced at my food, suddenly feeling no appetite. That was quite weird since I was practically known as someone who eats a lot, quite unfit for a young lady like me. I glanced at Ning once again, ignoring the tension in the air.

Footsteps resounded in the air as Mom has made her entrance, her heals clapping on the marbled floor. We all stood up and chorused, "Good evening, Mother."

This was a tradition in the family. You'll only greet the head the family when he or she comes in, as a sign of respect. If you do not do so, be ready for a fit of scolding and punishments to no end.

You don't know how we survived in such a rich family. Ever since childhood, I know the rich society is really much similar to the mafia, only except without no guns or blood, but threateningly similar.

Mum nodded her head at us. "Evening, to you all." We took this as a sign to sit down and waited for Mum to start eating before we do so, also a tradition. Do you know it is a tradition that you must take off your shoes before entering the house? Or that your room must be spotless otherwise you starve for an entire week?

I have only just started to be comfortable but stiffened as Mum turned to me, "Dear, you have just graduated from high school. I think I know a perfect country for you to do college. New York."

I stared at Mum, refusing to look baffled as I quirked up a small weak smile. "Mum, that is so nice of you but New York..." I've just trailed off, realizing Mum was out to get rid of me.

Mum's manipulating smile still haven't slipped off her face. "Dear, I know that New York is quite sudden but it's nearby the countryside and you can also visit Aunt Clarissa there."

Ning and Yoongi didn't defend me. It's a tradition not to speak unless someone is speaking to you at the dining table.

My face paled. "I'll choose a college."

"I've already chose that, Titan College. All you need to do is to take the entrance test online on your laptop. You'll get the link." Mum's smile was still on her face, making her seem creepy. I sighed and nodded as I knew Titan College must be a aristocratic school and Mum would probably make it sure that no commoner is studying there as not to stain our family's motto.

Num then turned to Yoongi. "My son, you are just twenty four, Jennie is twenty and Ning is sixteen but you're the oldest here and so I've decided to get you married."

Yoongi stiffened, paleness stretched over his features. I want to burst out laughing, but that may seem quite rude since I had just faced this situation. Yoongi turned his midnight black eyes towards brown eyes in my direction. I shrug helplessly. Ning was still looking at her plate, blankly.

"Mum, I don't want to get married, at least not soon. I'm just twenty four and I still have more years to go." Yoongi said, as he hoped that his words were polite as Mum then scowled at him.

"Nonsense, you're tall, handsome and very responsible, Yoongi. There's no way you'll like to get married now!" Mum just exposed him. I had to agree with her that Yoongi definitely needs to settle down and have a family. He's quite tall, handsomely good-looking with white skin, black eyes, a small nose, thin pink lips and a head full of ginger hair. He's also responsible, now learning about the company so that he'll be prepared when he takes over.

Yoongi sighed. "No, Mum." His words were firm that it made Mum scowl at him much deeply. My heart nearly jumped to my throat, as I felt worried for my brother now.

"Mum." Ningning called out and Mum looked at her, looking a bit surprised that her youngest child is talking. Ning was a very shy and quiet person who speaks in a very soft timid way.

"I think Yoongi is right, he's still young. If he wants to get settled down, then he'll get settled down." Ning told further. Mum is still looking unconvinced but at least her scowl was gone.

Immediately, after I was done with my food, I stood up, announcing, "I'll like to go to my room." Mum simply waved a hand and I turned around and walked away.

I went through a hall and stopped as soon as possible. There on the wall was a gold frame with the words in the middle "Rich and Poor Isn't Made For Each Other!" and numerous framed pictures beside it. I had noticed a white rectangular empty space, as I vividly remembered that it was once a photo of I and Yoongi and toddler Ning in the arms of our parents. We were just in Hawaii back then. I even started my shell collection that time, aged 6.

I sighed bitterly through my nostrils and I walked down the hallway, feeling bad and controlled. I immediately entered my very spotless and fancy room and hit the pillow as I curled into a ball. I then off and look around.

I went to my window seat, and sat down as I calmly looked at the bright black sky quite intriguingly. I thought about my dad and how much of a coward he was when he ran away with his mistress. I have long knew my parents didn't love each other as they were bounded in a marriage that was deemed just a benefit for both of them as well as have been cheating on each other, but I never expected Dad's to be poor and for Mum...she still haven't introduced him to us yet.

I once again sighed, stretching my legs as I looked at my thick yellow nightdress and got my laptop, going over to google, and I searched 'Titan College' and bunch of other stuff and tabs came up, surprising me. Of course, it's an aristocratic school and it has four houses; cyan, amber, gold and silver. The uniform color is based on the houses too.

Cyan is a house on creativity, Gold is a house on maturity, Amber is a house on loyalty and Silver is a house on ambition, they're other things but these are also the main ones. There's also numerous classes like noble class and so on. There are many other things to mention but it does seem like I'll have to wait to get there.

I smiled, and moved my laptop away as I leaned against the windowsill and closed my eyes, hoping the college wouldn't not make things difficult for me but little did I know, I'm so wrong.

...

Hello, everyone, welcome to my new book, Love Above All. I really hope it will be good enough for you. I've put To The Moon and Stars on hold but not Royally Star-Crossed? It'll take awhile to update but I'll finish maybe around seventeen chapters or so.