Chapter Two

Around four am in the morning, I was just woken up with a jerk from a sound that is coming from outside. I strained my ear to hear but nothing came and I was about to go to sleep.

BANG!

A hard knock fell upon on my door and I quickly jumped, standing up to my feet as I stretched my arms. My body was aching for that I've been sleeping on the window seat. "Alright, I'm coming!"

The knocks disappeared and I opened the door, surprised to see Ning wearing a light lime nightdress and her ginger locks were tied up in a bun.

"Ning?" I called, surprised. "It's late."

"I'm sorry, Jennie." She apologized, her voice still timid and soft. "May I come in? I don't think I want to go to my room."

I nodded, and made way for her to enter my room, though confused, and as I shut the door, I watched Ning sit on my bed as the moonlight creeped through the binds, and falls on her.

"Ning?" I called out uncertainly. "What's wrong? What's going on?" I didn't dare to think Ning was scared of the dark since it has been a long time. She stopped around seven and she's already old enough to be sleeping by herself.

"Did you get a bad dream, then?" I asked, kneeling in front of her. She stared at me through her black eyes. It's so weird both she and Yoongi got Mum's eyes while I'm the one with Dad's, and that's typically a reason for Mum to detest me even more.

"No." Ning breathed out, squeezing her eyes shut. "I normally wanted a glass of water to drink and while I was out, I saw something, a man entering Mum's room. It was pretty dark so I couldn't see even a thing."

I was stunned. "A man in Mum's room."

"I don't lie, Jen." She replied back, sternly as she opened her eyes, narrowing them. "I was typically scared so you were the one who came into my mind to tell you."

"Why not Yoongs?" I asked once more.

"He wouldn't typically believe me." Ning shook her head and I sighed, replying, "I will be right back, I'm coming."

She reluctantly lets go of my hand that she has been holding, and I quietly left. I was scared and felt much like a coward but I simply needed to know who that man was and calmly get a glass of water for Ning.

I immediately pressed my ear to the door as I listened. "Harold, thank you so much for visiting me. I've been under stress for taking care of my kids." Mum's voice was trailing to my ears.

"No, problem, baby." A man's voice drifts to my ears. "Your kids are just getting into my way. How will we get the properties as well as the company?"

I gasped but immediately covered it.

Harold is Mum's lover?!

"I know what you're thinking darling. I was really surprised when their jerk father  has gave Jennie the properties and as well as the mansion and the company. All we can do is to make her sign the paperwork and all of them will be ours!" Mum cackle and I gasped, stepping back but I knocked over a vase and it shatters on the ground.

Mum stopped cackling. "Who's there?! Show yourself." Then I heard fast urgently  footsteps coming my way. I was frozen on the spot, watching as the doorknob moves quickly in horror. I am so done for!

But then I suddenly felt my hand being pulled, and a figure came in front as Mum opened the door and silence. "Yoongi, are you crazy?! How can you knock the vase?! What are you doing here so late?!" Mum was barking angrily.

Yep, it was Yoongi, clad in his pajamas as he received a scolding session from Mum, being quiet while I was at a corner, hands pressed on my mouth, unable to say even a word.

I was stunned. What was Yoongi doing?!

"I'm sorry, Mum." I peeked to see that his head was bowed and hands clasped with force behind his back. "I wouldn't do it ever again. I'm a bit clumsy sometimes."

Mum rolled her eyes and then ordered, "Go and get a maid to clean this up. Don't let me you see you again this late! Do you hear me?!"

Wow. She was really angry.

"Yes, Mum." Yoongi nodded and Mum just scoffed as she entered her room and closed the door in his face. Yoongi turned to me and then rushed to pull me away to downstairs.

"Jennie, what on earth are you doing?! I don't want to see you caught!" He was so mad as he entered the kitchen, finding the switch and turning it on, revealing our so splendid fancy wide kitchen. I bit my lip as I sat down on the stool, watching my brother getting a maid from the servant headquarters and she greeted me warmly as she went to get the things and going out.

Ning appeared in the doorway, face pale. "I was worried about you and I couldn't help but go to Yoongi and telling him."

My eyes softened. "Just sit down, Ning. I am not mad at you. I understand." I said, as she nodded and sat down beside me as our brother filled three cups of cool water and handed two cups to both of us, and he took a sip from his own.

He drank the water so fast that I thought he will choke. He sighed and gently placed the cup down, looking so stern. "Now, just tell me what is going on."

"Ning told she saw a man entering Mum's room and in order to prove it, I just took the risk to eavesdrop on them. The man's name is Harold and I'm honestly sure she is Mum's lover..." Then I told them what I heard and they were all silent. "Did you see anybody in the room, Yoongi?"

He shook his head. "No, but I swore I saw the curtains ruffling when Mum opened the door. Mum never sleeps with all the windows opened." Then he added, "I'm not surprised that Dad will make you his heir, after all, he favored you when you're young."

I blushed scarlet, patting my cheeks softly as I said, "Oh, gosh, stop it. Dad loves you both too equally." I bit on my lower lip. "I shouldn't really be saying this but I think Mum is trying to get rid of me for kicking me off to New York but after signing the papers."

"Don't sign them." Yoongi's voice was low. "If she tells you, immediately make up an excuse and leave. You can't sign the paper at all as I have a bad feeling about this."

We stayed silent for awhile.

"Well, I better go and rest." Ning spoke up timidly, smiling shyly. Somehow, her big bright smile made I and Yoongi smile. We all left the kitchen and parted ways and I entered my room, sighing on the bed. My phone dinged and I groaned, getting my l phone and unlocking it. It was a message from one of my two best friends, Lalisa Manoban known as Lisa.

Mum and Dad are sending me to Titan College. I also heard from Roseanne the same. You?

Oh well, we're peas in a pod. Mum told me I am going to Titan College too. I'm a little bit excited though.

Great. Shopping tomorrow?

Sure. I replied and that was it. I was just about to sleep when my phone dinged as I checked it once again.

Goodnight, sweetheart. I'm sorry for not contacting you earlier, I'm quite busy. I just want to say that I love you, Yoongi and Ning.

I wanted to laugh somehow but I held it in quite quickly. Sure enough, he's busy with his new wife and twins, in California!

Goodnight. It's okay. I understand if you are busy. I also just wanted to say that I, Ning and Yoongi love you too, Dad.

I then shut the phone and closed my eyes.