So fast

All of that happened so fast. I didn't sleep for days. I still functioned with Jay, but I was not myself. Justin hasn't talked to me or Jay since that day, but he's coming today to pick up more of his stuff. it's been almost a week. I took a shower, got dressed, and I put makeup on so you couldn't see that I haven't slept.

I sat on the couch as I watched Justin and Chaz take Justin's stuff out of the house. Jay just sat on the floor with puppy dog eyes, watching his daddy and his mommy break up. Chaz and I talked, but Justin and I didn't at all. I couldn't even look at him.

After a few hours, all of his stuff was out. he got a house, and he got the keys a few days ago, so he wants to move in as quickly as possible. "Here." he said handing me papers.

"What's this?" I asked.

"Don't play dumb. it's divorce papers. you have to sign them." I looked at them blankly. I couldn't do it.

"Um Justin? maybe you should come back tomorrow and get them." Chaz said. thank you Chaz. "Aiight, fine. I'll be here tomorrow. noon." he hugged Jay, kissed his forehead, and he walked out the door. Chaz was still here. I couldn't stop staring at the papers. he already signed them. was it that easy for him?

"How you holding up?" Chaz asked. I looked up at him. "Just go Chaz. I want to be alone." he nodded. "Alright. Bye Jay." he said.

"Bye Chaz." he said.

Chaz half smiled at me and he walked out the door. it was 9pm, and Jay was going to sleep soon. he just yawned. "Tired baby?" I asked. he nodded. I stood up and I put the papers on the countertop. I looked over at Jay, and he laid on the floor, and he was falling asleep. "Get up on the couch boo." I said. I got up, and he sleepily walked to the couch and laid down on it. I walked over to him and I covered him up.

soon, he was sound asleep. I wiped his hair out of his face and I sighed. damn, he looked identical to Justin. that wasn't helping. I had a baby that looked just like him, picures of us all around the living room, and divorce papers for us staring at me from the countertop.

I walked over to them, and I just stared at where I was supposed to sign. if I did it, it would be over. our wedding, our family that I desperately have been waiting for, our relationship, everything would be over. but if I didn't, we would probably argue, and he'd be confused. he'd probably make fun of me for it.

I sat there for hours, just wondering what I should do. sign it and be over, or not sign it and be a wimp?

* * *

"Gabby!" I shot up. Justin was shaking me to wake up. I looked at him. "It's noon, and both of you are still sleeping." I looked over at Jay who was still sound asleep.

"Well?"

I looked at him. "What?" I asked. "Sign them." I looked at the papers that were sitting right in front of me. I looked at Jay again.

"I can't."

I pushed the papers over to Justin.

"Gabby, I really don't feel like arguing, or playing games. just sign them, and it'll be over."

"Justin, I'm not playing games. I don't want his life to be ruined."

"He'll be just fine. I'm still going to be in his life."

"Yeah, but not mine." I whispered. "What?" I shook my head. "Nothing. Just, why did you get these so fast?" I asked. "Because. I didn't want to wait any longer than I had to."

"Justin, I didn't tell you to do this."

"You wanted me to. and besides, this is something that I want to. I'm tired of the fights, the breakups, the makeups, making it up to you, all the trust issues, everything. I'm done. just like you said you were. I don't see why it's a big deal all of a sudden for you to sign them."

I looked down. "I'm tired of it too. believe me. but, everything we worked for, our wedding, this family that I've been wanting, it'll all be gone."

"Yeah. I know. but it's not gone, it's stuck in the moment. not everyone has a happy ending. I mean, look at our parents, they all broke up. a lot of people do. I guess it's not meant to be."

I looked up at him. he was serious. I grabbed the pen and I pulled the papers towards me. I scribbled my name, I threw the pen on the counter, and I shoved the papers to him. "There. That's it then."

"I'm still going to be his father, so stop worrying about him." he said getting up. "It's not him I'm worried about." he scrunched his eyebrows together, making a confused face. "What do you mean?"

"Never mind. forget everything I've ever said. it never meant anything anyway. Goodbye Justin." he nodded. "You know, I still love you. and I think always will. but, I can't do this, and neither can you. I'm still here if you need anything. I guess I'll see you next week for the court session. bye."

he walked out of the door. better yet, out of my life.

he isn't gone completely, but he's gone from my love life. gone from being my best friend. gone from my future. Well, happy future.