036

(Esme in her Toph era?)
(Also there's some info on Em's sword that a bit uncomfortable so just a tiny warning about that!)

Esmeralda sat in her bed quietly, knees curled to her chest. She didn't know what time it was but she knew exactly one hour, twenty six minutes, and forty two seconds ago her cabin mates had bid each other goodnight. And since then she sat in the exact same position, counting.

Forty five, forty six, forty seven

What else was she supposed to do? Crying was an option. But she'd done that for the previous twenty one minutes and nineteen seconds.

Esme hated how emotional she'd gotten over the past few years. She never used to show this much emotion and it made her feel soft and fragile. Silena tried to explain to her that it was a part of growing up. You get moody, you cry a lot, your body changes. She told her she couldn't expect growth without change.

Fifty two, fifty three, fifty four

Personally, Esme thought that was bullshit, but she also knew Silena was right. Change was something Esme hated, as she discovered over time. Because with change came the idea of adapting. And adapting took time and patience. Guess which one of those things Esme didn't have.

As she's counted to sixty her eyelids began to feel heavy. She curled up under her blanket and closed her eyes, prepared to shut out whatever evil voices came with her dreams.

One, two, three...

In her dream she stood in a grand room, similar the room the gods met in on Olympus. Instead of twelve thrones, one large chair sat at the front. It was adorned with carvings of death scenes, each one a different method of torture. Esme knew she'd seen it before, but she couldn't remember where.

To the right of the grand throne sat a slightly smaller one. The carvings on this one were less demonic, and much more peaceful. Flowers and trees, with roots curling around one another creating the armrests and legs of the chair. Scenes of birds flying and fruits growing were also portrayed in the wood.

And lastly to the left sat an even smaller throne. The one was similar to the first, covered with carvings of death and skeletons. But in between each carving was a gem stone. The colorful jewels shimmered and twinkled brightly before her eyes.

Looking at herself she noticed her attire. She wore a black dress, the fabric silky and soft. The delicate material draped over one shoulder and fell down to her calves.

This was no doubt her father's realm. She assumed she was somewhere inside his palace. Esme hadn't seen much of Hades palace during her stay, so this was unfamiliar to her.

She turned around at the sound of gentle foot steps. There stood a woman, and she was gorgeous. She had rich tan skin that glowed with vibrance. Her hair was thick and black, and cascaded down her back in waves like water. Her eyes seemed to glow with kindness and the small smile that graced her lips brought peace of mind.

"Beautiful isn't it?" She asked.

Esmeralda hesitated, she wasn't sure if the woman was referring to herself or the room they stood in. Either way the answer was yes. "It is."

The woman's smile grew, "do you know who I am darling?"

"I- I feel like I do." Esme took another long look at her. Her dress was a beautiful shade a blue, covered with designs of flowers and birds. The same designs that were carved into the throne behind her. "Are you Persephone?"

The goddess nodded, "I've been wanting to meet you for a while now. Your father speaks quite a bit of you."

Hades talked about her? "Good things I hope."