Chapter 14: Only I can save you

Tara has fallen asleep in the bus. Her head was buried on Dharmesh's chest. He was looking at her face during the whole ride. No doubt that her innocence caught the devil's eyes.

The devil is powerful while he is merely a common man. Fear is slowly engulfing him from the time they escaped. He has so many dreams for his future. He never wanted any kind of problems in his life. He wanted a safe and happy future with his family. But suddenly everything has changed. He has left his family behind for Tara.

Guilt is covering his chest. Every second he is texting his brother to know about their safely. He is actually panicking from inside.

"Ambala...Ambala...."

His trance broke. Tara also woke up. She rubbed her eyes and looked around.

"We reached...."

Dharmesh said to her.

Tara got a bit shocked after hearing his tone. His voice is shaking.

They slowly got down off the bus and started to walk.

"What happened Dharmesh?"

She finally asked him. They reached a local Dhaba and sat side by side. Suddenly Dharmesh grabbed his head and in the next second he cried.

"I'm scared Tara...what if he decided to kill my family? I'm feeling so nervous...I don't know what will I do now..."

Tara understood his state. Though she has expected that he will give her protection, still she didn't judge him on this matter. It's very normal to react like this when you have a family to look after.

"Dharmesh, can I tell you something?"

He looked at her in hope. His inside is screaming to go back to Dehradun to his family but he is not finding the courage to tell this to her because she is equally scared.

"Go back to your family"

He was shocked. He kept on staring at her in extreme shock.

"What will you do then?"

He asked her being embarrassed. Tara's heart broke when he asked that. She expected that he will protest loudly after hearing that. He will say "I won't leave you ever, even death can't do us apart..I will stay with you Tara"

But he didn't say anything even close.

"I will be fine Dharmesh..I will go to that minister's house..He will save me. Don't worry..go back..when the situation gets normal, I will go back to you"

She said with a painful smile. Her heart is crumbling down in pain but still she maintained a normal face. Her inside is screaming in fear. She wanted to scream to him "please don't leave me.. I'm so scared...please Dharmesh... can't you read my eyes? I thought you love me"

But she also stayed silent.

Dharmesh stood up. He is feeling guilty but it's true that he can't leave his family like this.

"Take care Tara...I will contact you soon and don't worry...Baldev Ahluwalia is the king of this place. Nobody can touch your hair on his presence.."

Tara nodded her head. Dharmesh smiled and turned his head. A bus is leaving for Dehradun. Dharmesh got inside the bus. He took a seat and looked at Tara from the window. He bid her good bye.

Tara bites her lips to suppress her sob. He is leaving finally!

The bus took its speed and within few seconds it left.

Now tears after tears rolled down from her eyes. She felt lonely again. Suddenly her Di's words appeared in her mind which she told her during their last meeting.