Chapter 5

Serkan left the shower after the morning group exercises and went to the locker room to get dressed. He sighed slightly and rolled his eyes, seeing Efe leaning next to his locker, watching him with a superior smirk. He ignored the man, standing with his side to him and opened the door, but Efe moved closer, pretending to bump into him by accident.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't see you." He said in a mocking tone, still keeping his smirk on his lips.

"You should get your sight checked then." Serkan answered through his teeth, not letting himself get thrown out of balance.

"You know, Bolat, I should." Efe smiled widely. "I can't wait for my next date with our hot new doctor."

Serkan clenched his jaw but didn't answer anything while Efe continued, standing in front of him. "Won't you congratulate me? I just got promoted to commander. Oh, wait, you were a commander once. How did it go for you?"

"Fuck off, Salesman." Serkan murmured under his breath and turned in another direction.

"I have a message for you." Efe called after him.

"I'm not interested."

"Back off. You have no chance."

"So this is what it is about? Do you want my locker?" Serkan answered mockingly, not sparing him a glance. "Find yourself another one."

"You think you are so funny? You know very well what I mean. You saw us yesterday, so back off now."

Serkan let out a chuckle and finally turned to the man who was murdering him with his gaze. "Not going to happen. But you have a very vivid imagination. I feel almost sorry for you."

A grimace crossed Efe's face, but he quickly regained his condescending smirk and came closer to Serkan, clicking his tongue. "Well, Bolat, if you want to do it this way, duty is calling you. You have too much free time from what I see so you are taking this week's night patrols and all weekends until the end of this month. You're lucky there are only two left. I better not find you wandering around the base or in the bar while you should be getting your sweet sleep before your night shifts, or I will add more weeks."

Serkan pursed his lips angrily. "You know that I'm assigned to the prototype program. That's why I was released from the patrolling duty."

"Capitan Yildiz was letting you lazy around, but his times ended. Do you want to run to cry to your Daddy?" Efe smirked. "Or the rumors are true, and you are not his, that's why he never cares about your ass when you get into trouble."

Serkan's lips twitched, and he took a step toward him, but Engin, who just entered the locker room, stopped him, putting his hand on his arm.

"Don't let him provoke him, you know you will be suspended." He whispered to his ear.

"I'm of higher rank than you. You have to obey my orders." Efe smiled. "If you wouldn't fuck up, you would be a captain now, but you are only lieutenant. And one more thing, next time you won't address me Sir while talking to me, I will make you regret it and nobody will save you, not even Admiral Ozan. Now, you confine yourself to quarters and stay there where you are off duty. Did I make myself clear?"

Engin held Serkan back, afraid that his best friend would kill Efe on the spot, as he tried to jerk out of his grip. He pushed him slightly toward the door, and Serkan obliged, leaving the room fuming from anger. Engin looked at Deniz, who was sitting on the bench and observing the scene with an amused smile.

"What are you looking at?" He braked at him.

"Nothing." The man laughed with a shrug.