Chapter 19: History Repeats Itself

Daven's POV

I and Hana were talking while this guy named Jay Miller put his hands around her waist and pulled her closer to him. I was about to say something when I saw Hana looking at him with such adoration.

I waited for a moment before bringing her back to reality. Hana seemed to understand what she was doing and pushed him away as soon as she realised.

"No hugs?'" he had the audacity to ask that. "Why would she hug you?" I stood in front of Hana facing Jay and smiled at him forcefully. He kept staring at me until he finally spoke "You're one funny guy". He had this smirk on his face which ticked me off. He passed me and went straight to Hana and held her hands.

I didn't know what was actually going on but I absolutely did not like this situation.

Hana's POV

I don't know why Jay is behaving like this. He passed Daven and came straight towards me. He also held my hands and looked straight into my eyes. My eyes looked back at Daven who was fuming with rage. He must be thinking that I'm getting hit on again. I quickly take my hands out of his hold and go towards Daven. "Don't worry, he is someone I know" I assured him, trying to calm him down.

"Someone you know? I'm hurt Hana" Jay spoke while walking towards us still holding the glass on his hand while the other is inside his pocket. He leaned closer to my ears and whispered "Tell him about the kisses we shared every night" but it was loud enough for Daven to hear.

Daven threw a punch at him making me flinch but it didn't hit him. Instead, Jay caught his fist with the hand that was in his pocket. "Easy there, Loverboy" he chuckled.

"WHO THE F*CK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?” Daven shouted taking almost everyone's attention. All eyes were on the three of us. Jay chuckled "Her man", he said looking at me.

I could hear the whole room go silent. My parents who were so busy were now looking at me with wide eyes.

Jay just announced us being in a relationship in front of all the well known authors of all time. I can feel so many eyes on me that I couldn't breathe.

I didn't think twice and ran out of the party. I couldn't run in those heels so I threw them somewhere. I was so focused on getting away from everyone that I didn't realize that it was raining. I didn't know where I was running to but all I knew is that I had to run away from this just like I did back then, just like I always do.

I didn't look back and kept running. I could only hear the sound of rain and nothing else until I was crossing a road without realizing that a car was coming towards me.

My body stopped moving and the car was only getting closer. I couldn't breathe. A panic attack at this time? I closed my eyes as soon as the headlights of the car hit my eyes.

When I opened my eyes, I found myself lying on the ground and there was an unbearable pain in my whole body. This whole situation was familiar. "Ah right. Alex died this way" I said coughing out blood. I tried looking towards the car and saw the driver running towards me.

It happened again. The history repeated itself but this time it's me. It's my pool of blood I'm lying in. I'm really dying.

"HANA!" I heard someone screaming my name but I didn't know who and I couldn't check who it is either as I felt myself losing consciousness.

I found myself standing in front of my house. Did I imagine myself dying? I must be crazy. I started walking towards the door but my eyes fell on the car parked in front of the house. It's dad's car. But something was different, it was black. My dad got rid of it after Alex's death because the car killed him was black in colour.