Chapter 8: This isn't over yet

So what’s on your mind?” Lily asks me while offering me some coffee, “Nothing much” I replied taking the cup of coffee from her hand. “You seem distant these days” she stated making me realise that I haven’t been speaking to her properly. “Alright, I’ll tell you” I replied as I told her everything that Rin told me.

Our coffee cups are now empty while Lily has taken all the information. She decides to speak after a while “It’s been a week already since you met Rin. Did you contact Jay?” I paused for a while and replied “I didn’t”. Lily doesn’t say anything, she just nods her head.

We both are now standing there silently. Lily has always been the quiet type and she had never invaded my personal space, instead she always waited for me to tell her. At first, I didn’t talk to her much but when we got to know each other, we became close. She became a person to me whom I could tell all my flaws to and she never judged me, instead she helped me out whenever I needed her. She is the type of a friend everyone needs in their life.

Drinks tonight?” Lily asks as we both look at each other. A slight smile appear on my lips as I reply “Sure”. Lily gestured me to give her the empty cup so she could wash it as I handed her the cup.

A second or two later, we were interrupted by someone who was shouting my name, “HANA!”. I froze when I recognised the voice as the person stood before me, it’s Jay. “A week?! You haven’t been answering my calls or text since a week!” Jay speaks in an irritated manner. I don’t say anything as I’m not in the situation to. He is angry and it is quite natural for him to be angry on me, afterall, I didn’t reply to his texts or answered his calls. Everyone in the office including Lily was looking at our direction now. They recognised Jay easily.

So you’re just gonna stand here and play dumb?” Jay asks angrily

I’m sorry” I say but it comes out like a whisper

Jay grabs my wrist and drags me out of my office building with him. I don’t fight back because it was my fault to begin with. He drags me towards his car and waits for me to sit on the passenger seat. He doesn’t like to force me so he waits there holding the door of the car until I get in. He then got into the driving seat as he started driving to somewhere. I’m not sure where he was taking me because I wouldn’t dare to look out.

Jay didn’t speak a word during the drive, and I couldn’t say anything either. I’ve never seen him this angry before.

He stops the car in front of a building as he gets out of the car and waits for me to get out. I got out of the car as well standing behind him. He starts walking towards the building and I follow him quietly. He unlocks the door of an apartment making me realise that it’s his apartment.

He gestures me to sit on the sofa while he sits down on the chair that’s facing towards the sofa where I’m sitting. He starts to speak

I want the reason

About what?”

Why was I ghosted by my own girlfriend?”

I wasn’t feeling well

That’s a lie

I couldn’t answer after that but he continues to speak.

I know when you lie. I’ve been with a liar like you for 3 years

Guilt rushes over my whole body as I keep my gaze down. I couldn’t look at him after what he said. He lets out a sigh as he speaks “I’m sorry”. I immediately look at him and say “I was supposed to say that”. “Both of us were supposed to say that” He says. I look at him with a confused look.
He gets up from his seat and sits beside me. He pulls me in his arms and whispers in my ear “Don’t leave me Hana. This isn’t over yet”. I could sense a hint of sadness in his voice but I don’t say anything, instead, I let myself feel the warmth of his body.

Author's note:

Do we forgive Lily because she is guilty? Or do we wait and see what's going on? I'll choose the latter.

Keep reading!

This chapter contains 756 words.