Chapter 2: Not so innocent

We were in Starry's, ordering what we like. Jay reminded me that his sister's birthday is coming around. "does she like dolls?" I asked, "She is more into Marvel than Barbies" Jay chuckled while taking a sip of his water.

We talked some more till the food arrived and continued planning how to surprise his little sister on her birthday when I noticed a familiar face coming towards me. "What are you doing here?" He asked looking at me, there's anger and betrayal in his eyes. Jay took a notice of the situation and asked "Who are you?". He replied angrily "I'm Hana's boyfriend, Trev". Jay looks at him and then at me with a questioning look on his face, he wants me to tell him that this is a misunderstanding. Knowing the situation I am in, I spoke "Let's go somewhere quieter" to avoid causing a scene in public.

We are now standing inside a park. Jay and Trev are waiting for an explanation. I sighed as I spoke "I'm sorry". Jay looked at me in disbelief "You cheated on me Hana? We've been dating for 3 years. Did they mean nothing to you?" he asked. Before I could answer, Trev exclaimed "3 years?! We've been dating for an year. You've been deceiving both of us?". I said nothing, we all stood there all silent when Trev suddenly spoke "We're done" and left.

It has been 15 minutes since Trev left. I and Jay were still standing inside the park. We both knew that we cannot avoid this conversation anymore.

"Why did you do this Hana?"

"There's no particular reason."

"You ruined everything we had and there's no reason?"

"There isn't."

I could see the pain in his eyes. He was holding back his tears. Rather than hurt, he was disappointed and I don't expect him to be proud of what I did. He started retreating and soon enough, I could no longer see him anywhere. I sat down on the bench and stared at the bouquet of flowers Jay gave to me today, lying on the bench beside me. There was a note in it...

Note- "Dear Hana, thank you for existing. You're the best thing that happened to me. I love you."

Our happy moments flashed in front of my eyes, "I really fucked up this time" I chuckled to myself.

Author's note:

That's such a shock. Our Hana isn't as innocent as we thought. She was a devil in disguise! Cheating on your beloved, I can't believe this!

I know I'm the author of this story but I'm having a tough time believing it as well.

Anyways, keep reading!!

This chapter contains 448 words.