Chapter 12: Again

"C'mon Lily. Tell me!" I am trying to convince Lily to tell me about the guy who called her a shit in Japanese. "No way!" she keeps refusing to tell me.

"Don't goof around Hana" The Manager suddenly says. "Sorry sir" I apologise to him. I looked at Lily who was looking at the Manager who was going back to his cabin.

"HIM?!" I asked almost shouting. "Keep your voice low!" she slapped my arm. "But seriously, is it him?" I asked again out of curiosity. "Yea" she said with a slight smile and red cheeks.

Seeing this I was shocked. Lily is in love with the Manager and he was the one who called her a shit in Japanese. Wait... Japanese?! "He called you a shit in Japanese?" I asked "Yeah he did" she replied.

How does this guy know Japanese? I'm the only Japanese employee here. That's suspicious.

"Why am I here?" Jay complains. I am following the Manager to see if he has any girlfriend or anything and I brought Jay with me because he is driving. "Shut it! We gotta make sure he is single" I said.

"Don't tell me you're interested in him. I'm your boyfriend Hana!" he said worriedly. "I'm doing this for Lily c'mon!" I explained.

After tailing him for sometime, we found out that he goes to a Japanese restaurant and he is regular there. Does going to a Japanese restaurant teaches you Japanese? It wasn't that easy even for a native like me. I'm suspicious of this guy now.

We were still tailing him when I got a call from Lily and Jay answered the call.

"Hey Hana!"

"Sorry but it's Jay"

"Where is Hana?"

"Following someone"

"What?"

"JAY!" I shouted as I took my phone back from him.

"Don't worry about it Lily. Jay is just kidding"

"Hana... you're being a sussy baka"

"Please don't say that, it's cringe. Jay is taking me on a date so I'll call you later okay?"

"Wait Hana-"

I hung up as soon as possible. Jay almost got us caught. "What were you thinking?" I glared at Jay who was grinning. "You are enjoying this aren't you?" I asked Jay. "I am" he replied while still grinning. "If I don't drive then this car won't move." He said while chilling on his seat and looking at me.

He suddenly moves towards me and I can feel a tension building up between us as I was captured in between his arms and the seat. His eyes are different than usual, almost as if he wants to dominate me.

He moves away "Alright, let's continue the following mission". What? He stopped whatever he was doing? What was that? This guy is playing with me and I'd be lying if I said I hate it.

After following the Manager for some more time, we went back to Jay's place. We couldn't find anything important about the Manager but Jay said that he is cooking tonight and I'm excited.

"Food's done!" he informed and I stormed towards the dining table. We both sat down and started eating our food until Jay decided to speak "Are you not curious about the story I'm writing?" "I am but I thought it's best when you want to tell me about it" I replied still focusing on my food. He nodded and went back to eating.

After the meal, he called for me. I stood in front of his working table. He passed me a bundle of pages of the story. "You can read it" he said with hesitation.

I sat on the couch while he continued to work on the story. I started reading the story. I was amazed by the first part. He only wrote till this much and I can sense the sadness and pain in this. I couldn't see anything related to love yet but it was amazing.

After I was done reading, I got up and saw Jay sleeping on his working table. He must have fallen asleep while writing. This guy is amazing just like his story.

Took me time to realize but I guess, I'm in love with him again. This is bad. Once we go down this road, there's no coming back.

Suddenly, I felt my breathing pattern changing. It feels suffocating. I need some fresh air.

I try my best to go to the balcony as soon as possible but my whole body starts to shake as I fall down knocking over some stuffs. The loud noise woke Jay up "Hana?! Are you okay?!" he asks while panicking. "F-fresh a-ir" I stuttered but he understood so he picked me up and took me to the balcony. I couldn't stop shaking and it was getting harder and harder to breathe. This is a panic attack. I know it. I've had panic attacks before.

Suddenly, I felt two arms wrapped around me, Jay speaks softly "It's okay Hana. I'm here". I start crying after hearing that, my body still shaking as I try to breathe.

I calm down slowly and soon fall asleep without realizing.

I woke up to find myself wrapped up with Jay's arms. We both were in the balcony and Jay was sleeping.

"Are you feeling better?" Jay asks while yawning "Yeah" I reply with a smile. He didn't ask anything else, maybe he didn't want to pry.

"I should go home... and I'd like to be alone for sometime please" I request. "Sure" he accepts without any hesitation.

I reach home as I let myself fall on the bed. This is some serious Déjà vu! I can't let Jay know that I've fallen for him again. He deserves better and I'll only bring trouble in his life like I did back then.

I need to clear my head. I take out my phone and dial a number "Hey, can you come over? I need you..."

Author's note:

Not again Hana. Why must you hurt yourself and Jay?

Love can be pretty scary. Two broken hearts trying to heal each other. Isn't that funny?

Keep reading!!

This chapter contains 1021 words.