Chapter 18: The Party

Lily's POV

I was in front of the office building as I hung up Hana's call after she gave me all the details of her life. This Daven dude is pretty amusing.

I was almost about to go inside the office when a voice called for me "Lily!". I turned around to see Jay. I didn't expect to ever meet him again. He looked here and there as he finally spoke up "Can we talk?".

I agreed to talk to him after letting the Manager know that I'll be late today. So he drove us towards the nearest café.

After sitting down, I expected him to directly start talking but he was hesitating. He was fidgeting with his fingers and randomly ordered two coffees for us when the waiter came towards us.

"My time is limited, Mr. Miller" I reminded him that I don't have all day to sit here and watch him fidget with his fingers. "Right. I was wondering if you are in touch with Hana?" He finally speaks up but his question made me a bit mad as he didn't try to stop her but now he is here, asking about her but at the same time, I couldn't blame him. I know that Hana has done wrong to this guy in the past but her reason was quite understandable as well. She probably never even told him about it.

"Yeah, I am. Infact, she has been doing amazing" I decided to lie on the last part to see his reaction. "She is doing good? Then why was she arrested with another dude last day?" he wasn't hesitating anymore. "She didn't tell me the reason" I decided to lie again. Being Hana's best friend, I promised to never interfere in her life so it wasn't my place to talk about this.

"Do me a favor Lily. Tell me what is actually going on. Why did she leave so suddenly?" his voice cracked on the last part making me aware that he is holding back something. I understand that this guy is hurt, after all, nobody likes or deserves to be cheated on.

I sighed and I decided to tell him about Alex "When she was 16..."

After telling him everything about Alex and his death and how it affected Hana in the worst ways possible and how she changed after that day, I looked at him when I saw him completely shocked.

"I had no idea that she went through that" he rubbed his forehead. "Sometimes, it's the quiet ones that wants to scream the loudest" I said getting up.

"Thank you Lily" he genuinely smiled towards me. I nodded and he drove us to my office.

The whole ride back to the office, I was thinking if I did the right thing by telling him. It was never a topic she wanted to hide from anyone but it wasn't such a happy thing to be shared either. I promised to never interfere in her life but I did for the first time and I should definitely let her know.

I took out my phone and a notification caught my eye. It was from the Manager. His name is William Davis. We call him manager because it sounds cool. I opened the text.

William: Aren't you getting too late?

Lily: Sorry Manager. I'm on my way

William: What was so important for you to be this late?

Lily: Personal stuffs.

William: Would you like to tell me about this 'personal stuffs'?

Lily: I would not.

William: Anata ni aeru no ga machi kiremasen.

Lily: What?