Chapter 1: Remember?

A day filled with joy and happiness, I see him walking towards me with a bouquet of sunflowers, my favorite. “I got them for you” he says “they aren’t as pretty as you though”. He hands me the bouquet “Thanks Jay, they are lovely” I reply.

We’ve been dating for 3 years now, December 15th 2015, it was a cold evening. He stood in front of me with his hands inside his black hoodie as he spoke “is this the end of us Hana?” that surprised me, “is it?” I found myself answering. “Let’s end this friendship of ours” he speaks “I’d rather like to get you flowers and take you out for dates everyday”. I spoke “I’m not quite catching it Jay”. He sighs as he steps forward. He leans closer to my ears as he spoke “would you make me the happiest man alive by being my girlfriend Hana?”.

I and Jay still talk about that day when he proposed to me and I just stood there frozen, unable to process, but eventually I said yes.

We were walking around the block as I was holding the bouquet of flowers which he got me, planning where to dine at. “I think Starry’s would do” he said. Starry’s, the place I worked at, the place we met, “Certainly” I replied.

I was 19 when I joined Starry’s as a part timer. It was my first day at work as a waitress. I was asked to take the order of a guy wearing a blue tshirt with grey sweatpants, it was Jay. “That’s an odd combination” I said while taking his order. “Excuse me?” he asked as it was out of context. “Your outfit” I speak in a low voice to not offend him. He bursts out laughing as he speaks “It was my sister choosing this outfit, I couldn’t say no to her”. I chuckle at his sentence and leave to get his food.

After that day, he came regularly and he ordered the same thing everyday. We became very close and that’s how our story began.

Author's note:

Omg such a wholesome memory! They are so cute. A wholesome love story of our starts of the story Sasaki Hana and Jay Miller!!

Did you guys ever experience something like that? I didn't haha.

Keep reading!!

This chapter contains 392 words