29

Seokjin takes a deep breath and checks the ring in his pocket once more. He looked at his surroundings and the preparation went well, as he expected. As Taehyung always babbled while he was drunk. He can't help but tap on his pocket. Nervousness fills him up.

His heart swells up at the memory of them together. His life has changed a lot. Taehyung was someone seokjin didn't expect to meet. He came out of the blue. And felt so right. Now he can't imagine his life without Taehyung. He doesn't remember did he even breathe without him?

Hobi said he and Jimin would be engaging Taehyung till 6 in the evening by that time seokjin could finish arrangements. He lit up the beach, the rose petals filling up the path in heart shape. Taehyung may get angry and pout to step on those beautiful petals. And seokjin fell hard for that part of him.

He is thankful for yoongi, and Namjoon for helping him. Best friends of course. Namjoon teased about how Taehyung and seokjin already behave like a married couple after this proposal they may go wild. Seokjin wants to kiss Taehyung in public. It's something he never thought he would do.

The moon is high up in the sky. Yellow and blue lights are shining, and warm water is hitting the shore. Seokjin's feet are itchy due to sand. He looked up at the cottage he booked. He is so thrilled about the time they are going to spend here tonight. His phone vibrates signing the message. He opens it, it's from Jimin.

Park Jimin

" Hyungie, Taetae is here. He is coming. All the best 👍💜"

Seokjin sends a quick Thank you and keeps the phone back in his pocket. He breathes from his abdomen one last time.

Taehyung walks in. He looks gorgeous as usual. Taking seokjin's breath always. His eyes flutter in confusion not able to understand what's going on as he walks down the path filled with rose petals.

"seokjin" !!

Seokjin smiles and welcomes confused Taehyung.

" what's going on?? Why so many flowers...and what's this...?"

Taehyung turns around absorbing the beauty.

" All for you, Tae"

" Hu?"

" Taehyung.....stupid I'm proposing to you"

Taehyung's smile faded away and he looked still while seokjin got on his knee.

" Kim Taehyung, I'm in love with you. I don't know how to make it more poetic!? Or aesthetic? the way you like....but...all I can say is I am so in love with you and can't live without you. You filled me up from inside, Tae....seokjin is no more seokjin without you. I love you, will you give me an official status as your boyfriend?"

Seokjin takes out the box he hid in his pocket and opens it in front of Taehyung. Two diamond rings, simple ones. As Taehyung likes. Taehyung picked it up without knowing it was for him last week when they went out shopping.

" seokjin...what... It's... "

" I know I know...i would have made it more romantic. But trust me I used all my brain cells. Also, the cottages I booked are for your liking. If you wanna see it quickly say yes, haha"

Seokjin heart beats fast. Taehyung's silence every second feels like a year. Maybe Taehyung is too stunned to speak. He might have forgotten to say yes.

" you need to say, yes Tae "

" Seokjin stop it. It's....what's this?? We are....we are just friends. Seokjin you...i am sorry I don't.....i don't like you like you are expecting me to like you-"