Chapter Fourteen

Cassandra

"Because I know you kissed me back that night, miss. I was not imagining it. Alam kong humalik ka rin pabalik sa akin ng ilang segundo bago ka umalis."

   I look at her straight in the eye. Should I deny it? Defend myself? Dapat bang magsinungaling ako sa kanya?

  You know that lying is one of your most hated things to do, Cassandra.

  I stared at her, she looks so determined right now. Far from the Daisy I met kanina. She was shy and very guilty-looking kanina, but now she's different. The way she speaks to me, it's like she's forgetting I'm her professor pa nga.

  "Look, I just don't want any complications on both our parts."

  "Anong complications ba ang tinutukoy mo, miss?"

  "A lot, Daisy. A lot. And I know you know that," I told her hardly.

  She lowered her gaze and I saw her lips pouted a bit. Now I couldn't help but remember what happened the last time we were in this car. She leaned close to kiss me,  and she's right, I kind of kissed her back. Just for a second.

   She looks so deep in thoughts for a moment bago ito nagsalita, "I'm sorry, miss. Masyado akong makulit. I just really like you and I know that it's too imposible for you to like me back, pero I believe kasi na walang mawawala kapag sinubukan kong ligawan ka. 'Yun lang, bawal kapag ako... Habang 'yung iba diyan, kahit ang papanget na nga hinahayaan mo."

  "Are you guild tripping me, Andrino?" I told her, narrowing my eyes at her.

  "Bakit? Nagu-guilty ka ba?" She retorted.

  I just stared in disbelief sa sagot nito. And here I thought this girl is just irresponsible noon at very hard headed, ngayon she's showing me how stubborn she is too. All of the qualities of a partner that I know I should push away.

   I thought for a moment. If papayagan ko siya, I know she'll do things to impress me. But I'm not sure how I'll react to it. I might not even like her. If I tell her to stop now, everything will fall back into its place at matatahimik na muli ang buhay ko.

  But I know deep inside I didn't drive all the way here to just tell her I'm rejecting her.

  Maybe I should just reconsider everything. Look on the bright side.

  I look at her.

   What are the odds of falling for this girl?

  Is there a probability or maybe a possibility of us happening?

  Am I doing the right choice?

  Then she let's out a sigh. "Again po, I'm sorry. Tama ka, I'm guilt tripping you and it's not right. If it's what you want miss, I'll respect it." She looks so down at this moment. Now I can already feel the genuine guilt of causing her to feel it.

  I bit my lip. "Alam mo, if you're in the court right now your lawyer will probably be face-palming. Umamin ka kasi."

  "I'm sorry." She said again, still cowering her head.

  "But your honesty could help you lessen the burden of your case. So fine, I'll let you."

  She slowly looks at me. "Hmm? Anong fine, attorney?"

  I raised my brows at her. "Do I really have to explain it to you?"

  "Opo, professor ka eh. Tapos prof ko pa. So paki-explain,"