Chapter Two

Cassandra

I sigh as I checked the papers of my class last Wednesday. Most of them only remembers the word by word meaning of the law which is kind of alarming on my part. I have to re-review them again sa mga topics concerning this so that we'll have an easy flow of lecture in the coming days. Ayaw ko pa naman na naguguluhan sila ng sobra when I'm discussing.

  When I reached the last paper I am currently checking, I suddenly remember what happened last week. That student, she's the only one in class who had the guts to say those things as if she and I are best friends. It is kind of annoying.

  I remember her vividly from the first online orientation conducted. She was one of the students who were not listening while the department head explained the possible events in the upcoming year. Nalaman ko ito because she was the last person left in the meet, except for me, and she doesn't seem to hear me when I kept on calling her. Talk about irresponsible student.

  Then I saw her the night before their classes officially started. She was in the convenience store in the middle of the night, wearing her sleeping attire. She immediately caught my attention because one, she couldn't stop staring at me and two, her hair is all over the place. I was kind enough to lend her my umbrella, nakakaawa din kasi she looks like she's just stuck in there because of the rain.

  That girl, I really hope she doesn't get annoying sa next meet namin.

  My phone suddenly rang across the room kaya tumayo ako para kunin ito. I saw the caller was from one of my friends so I immediately answered it.

  "Miss Attorney! Are you busy?" Fred asked on the other line.

  I immediately checked the time and saw that it's almost ten pm, so I said, "Nah, I just finished checking papers from my students. Why?"

  "Habol ka here at Trevor's, Vandrick is throwing a party and he wants you to come. He said he misses you."

  I can't help but shake my head at the two. Fred is Van's boyfriend, both of them are my friends. And Trevor's is a place where they usually hang out. It's a bar in the upper side of the city, which is just fifteen minute drive away from my condo.

  "Fine fine. I'll be there in an hour."

  "Great! See you!"

  I pressed the end button after saying my farewell and then head to my walk in closet to find a suitable dress for tonight's night out. After rummaging through hundreds of dresses, I finally saw the one that fits well. It's a black bodycon dress that stops just above my mid thigh. I also picked out a silver stiletto and put on a diamond earrings to compliment my outfit. After doing my make up, I went and checked my clutch bringing with me my phone, cards, and car key.

  I drove towards Trevor's and I immediately went towards the VIP lane. I once dated the owner, whom is Trevor, and got an unlimited pass in this most famous bar in town. He and I are good friends until now, since we both know it never would work out between us two.

  I went directly towards the long couch where my friends are seated. All of them greets me, kissed me on my cheek, some blew me a kiss and others went for a hug.

  I immediately ordered a light drink before Van can order for me. I know that guy, if he orders for me I'm sure he'll get one of the hardest drinks they got. He says that he wants to test my alcohol tolerance since I'm always the friend who never gets drunk.

  "Cass, we heard you got back into that university. Bakit ka ba nagtuturo ulit? Don't you have, like, millions of dollars in your bank account by now?" Andrea asked, as she sips on her drink. She's one of the people I met when I was in college, she's studying business majoring in finance so we both got close since we're under the same department.