𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝐄𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐏𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐲

𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐍𝐍 didn't really care for the logistics of it all, but it's been almost two full weeks since she had engaged in that heart-wrenching meet-up with Jordan and Robin.

Let's just say, she has never felt better.

Even though Ignacio did in fact buy her home, she still resided there, and she argued Ignacio down every day to pay back every penny he spent on her home.

Even though she didn't necessarily incur any losses, she still couldn't imagine what it would be like to live in a home that she hadn't paid for– alone at that.

Even in the constant back and forth between her and Ignacio at her home, she was the happiest she had ever been mentally.

That ongoing battle with keeping her life locked up in a tiny box and living how an abuser wanted her to versus just airing it all out and risking major legal repercussions was finally over.

With a sigh and a gentle shake of her head, Quinn had turned off the engine of her car, finally coming back from being at the bank for so long.

Who knew that depositing settlement money would be such a tiring process?

After last week's conversation, that same night Jordan had gone on the run, not making it past the second street away from Robin's home before the police caught him.

This entire ordeal was blasted on every news station and social media platform known to man. Ignacio even saw news reporters in Vietnam covering the story– which was both funny and astounding to Quinn.

In no time, news came out that 14 charges were pressed against Scott, and that he would be doing time in Eastern State's Penitentiary– a long one at that.

Knowing that he was far away from her, and would probably only get out by the time he was 45 had Quinn on cloud nine.

Robin was out of her way, Jordan was now a sitting duck behind bars, and she was finally released from the shackles of a brewing toxic relationship.

With a smile, she entered the passcode for her front door and stepped in, Sebastian trotting into the foyer to greet her.

"How's my sweet boy?" Quincy cooed, Seba's purring becoming louder with the affection.

With the anticipated no response, she slipped off her shoes and threw her bag down on the small cushioned seat that sat near her front door, begging to pad through the first level of her home.

Stopping in her tracks, her entire body froze when she heard the sound of the television.

"I definitely wasn't watching TV before I left," Quinn whispered to herself, her heart beginning to race a 200-meter.