𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞

"𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐄'𝐒 𝐃𝐀𝐘 is tomorrow though," Quinn furrowed her eyebrows, but gratefully accepted the large and beautiful bouquet of flowers.

"I know, but it would've been peculiar for me to come empty-handed." Ignacio sniffed, touching the nape of his neck as he internally cringed at how awkward he was being.

Stepping to the side to finally let him into her home could've been the worst decision she's made since breaking things off with him, but it's like her resolve has dissipated.

Seeing him there, in the harsh winter that February has to offer, standing patiently while shivering, with one of the best bouquets she's ever seen. His hazel eyes, big and beautiful filled with both love and remorse– she couldn't turn him away.

Closing the door after him, she watched through her peripheral as he took off his shoes, sliding on the slides that he'd always left on the shoe rack in her foyer.

She didn't understand why that small action had her heart racing like it did, but it felt nice to know that their routine was still embedded in his mind, even if they weren't doing their best.

Quinn followed behind Ignacio as he stalked into her living room, looking as graceful and powerful as he did when they'd last seen each other.

"How is it possible you've grown more? You lion." Ignacio shook his head with disbelief as Sebastian rose from his spot on the sectional. Trotting over to Ignacio's feet and staring up at him.

When Ignacio didn't make any moves to pet him, Seba lightly hit Ignacio's foot with his paw, almost as if to reprimand him for ignoring him.

Quinn watched the two go back and forth as she set her flowers on the table, going to grab an empty vase that she was now excited to fill.

"Let me," Ignacio quickly took the large glass from Quinn's hands, ignoring her protests and walking into her kitchen.

Quinn took a seat on her couch, not knowing what to say or how to say it now that the time had come.

She had made so many scenarios in her head about how their next talk would go. From acting it out in the shower to talking to herself at random times of the day— she thought she had the best plan ever.

That plan laughed in her face and walked out the door once Ignacio knocked at hers.

Once Ignacio walked back into the living room and set the astonishing bouquet down on the glass coffee table, Quinn decided to speak up, not wanting to prolong their awkwardness any longer.

"Iggy- Ignacio?" Quinn corrected, not wanting to let up from how she should be acting.

"Yes, baby?" Ignacio responded without hesitation, pausing his movements and meeting his fierce gaze with Quinn's uneasy one.