𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭-𝐓𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬

𝐈𝐓'𝐒 been one week.

One entire week that Quinn has felt suffocated by a man by the name of Ignacio Silva.

No, he wasn't overbearing with text messages. He probably sent 3 maximums since he first got her cellphone number.

But boy, did he make his presence known.

Noemi began to arrive at Ridgewood Elementary earlier than usual for extra help that's offered in the mornings. Specifically in math with a different first-grade teacher on her team.

But she never came empty-handed.

"Ms. Brown! I have breaky-fast for you." Noemi smiles, her driver sauntering into her classroom after her with a plastic white bag.

"What's this, hun?" Quinn looked up to the girl who was probably no taller than three feet who was putting away her belongings by the cubbies.

"Courtesy of Mr. Silva, Miss." The polite but blunt man stated, setting down the warm bag on the desk in front of her. Then, he turned on his heels and walked out with Noemi like the gesture was nothing.

It was seven thirty in the morning and students didn't start arriving to start their day until an hour from now, Quinn wasn't able to make her usual, so she didn't plan on eating until her lunch period.

But opening that container had her more grateful than ever.

Her mouth watered and the savory aromas came out of the platter, eyes amazed with how good everyone looked.

She's had mangú probably about three times in her life, but every time it would put her in a food coma– that's how good it was.

After eating about half of it, she felt better throughout the rest of her day and made sure to tell Noemi to thank her parent.

But it didn't stop there.

When Ignacio never received a text back but got a call from his daughter saying that Ms. Brown liked her meal, he couldn't help but chuckle to himself.

He wanted that gratitude to come from her, but that's fine, he's always been a persistent man.

The second text from Ignacio was of him telling her not to bring lunch the next day.

Quinn squinted at the message and almost replied– because what type of text is that?

But, Quinn half-hazardly obliged without responding, and then the next day, history repeated itself, but with an addition.

Quinn was about to walk past the main office to head back up the stairs to her classroom for lunch when the treasurer of the school called her name from inside the office.