chapter 5

Naveen -
Life tests us out in strange ways. When my dear friend raj thought that life couldn't get more hard life was planning a more difficult challenge for him. Where at one point he with abhimanyu was thinking of ways to handle my sister when she wakes up, pooja was alerting the boys about the strange phone call she heard earlier while talking on phone. But will they be able to save him or naina will again lost her anchor. But not just these people, someone else someone was getting worried about raj as well. Worried that something was going to happen. Something that she had tried so hard to stop.

In faculty quaters, Abhimanyu is fast asleep on the couch while raj is inside with naina in the bedroom. As their was just one couch abhimanyu suggested rajveer take the couch in the bedroom as naina would be more comfortable with him. If only he knew that rajveer would never be able to use that couch.

"Rajveer sir, I am so sorry I shouldn't have kissed you, oh my god I kissed.... You I kissed my mentor....... I kissed you..... How could I...... " Naina was hysterical. Nothing raj said could stop her ranting. So raj kissed her again and again and everytime she tried speaking something. Raj would never know how he got that much courage but he can't take anything back not after everything he had gone through with her. With naina. His naina. Abhimanyu was right. Their love deserves all the chance he can give them. It's worth everything.

" Naina I know that you think this is wrong. But it's not. I know as your teacher I should not have kissed you like this. Or even be in the same bed as you. But I am. Believe me when I say this that I have always wanted to do this right. I should have let you complete your training then proposed you , dated you, taken permission from your parents and then courted you. I should have waited before saying this but... " Raj went on to rant but stopped just before saying the words that were most difficult but most difficult.

" Saying what? " Naina asked.

Raj closed his eyes and then took a long sigh as we do when we take a long awaited decision. He opened his eyes and looked at naina. He took her face in his arms and says " I love you naina, I love you so so much that it's overwhelming and exhilarating and exciting and humbling and everything that i may know or not know. I have loved you since the moment I saw you. I have waited too long to say these words  to you naina too long. I feel......no I know that you are mine and you may feel that I am not taking your feelings into consideration but it's not that. I just know you understand right. " Raj said nervously.

Naina remained quite for a long time and when she knew that the words will fail her today she replied in the only way she deemed right. The only way her mentor had taught her to respond just few minutes back. She kissed him back. A later while when she is done kissing him she will tell rajveer how she never thought that he will confess like this and that she too had loved him for a really long time. It feels like that to her at least even though the realisation has been very recent.

She had a feeling that the words raj repeated were not his. They didn't seem to match his personality but who was she to judge. But the words were strangely familiar like she had heard them before. She decided not to dwell on the thought much. She decided it must have been from some cheezy book Or maybe abhimanyu. She decided she doesn't care and kissed raj again while she could.

Next morning abhimanyu left early for his jogging so naina wouldn't be uncomfortable seeing him there. Raj was going to drop naina to girls hostel before every one wakes up so he was tasked with keeping the coast clear. He was a getting a sense of de ja vu.

Before cadets morning drill for which abhimanyu was taking them in a bus, Raj met abhimanyu.
" So how did it go with naina when she woke up " Abhimanyu asked.

Raj just grinned in response.

"That good "

Raj smiled more openly. Abhimanyu smiled too and clapped Raj on the back.
" I am so happy for you Raj. Please tell me you guys are together. Rules or no rules. "

" We are together. Just don't mention it. Not in front of her not yet. "

" As you say my friend. "

"Anyway chauhan sahab. There is something important. I am going to retrieve the red box from colonal sakti chandra. I will not return till I succeed. If something happens to me.... "

"Raj.... " Abhimanyu tried to stop him.

" Let me complete please. If something happens to me then you have to take care of naina and sherry for me. Promise me that. "

Abhimanyu knew how important this was for Raj so he noded.
" I promise Raj I promise. "

After that the bus incident and the death of sakti chandra happens but before dying he tells Raj something. Something about his mission in Afghanistan but ran is too busy to register that. He needs to save his cadets his naina not knowing it is a trap. A trap to ruin him like they did with naveen. Will Raj escape or will he end up in the same way naveen ended? Only time will tell..