80 ; BORN READY

I'M JUST DOING
ME, I DON'T GOT NO
BAD DAYS

the mandem 🍻imessage | suna, osamu, atsumu, y/n, kuroo, kenma, inuoka, yamamoto

the mandem 🍻
imessage | suna, osamu, atsumu, y/n, kuroo, kenma, inuoka, yamamoto

kuroo
guys its happening
the lights went out

kenma
we're stood right next to you why are you telling us what's happening

kuroo
i like to narrate
y/n and the guys might not know what's happening out here

inuoka
it's literally their show
i think they know what's happening

kenma
get off your damn phones
we're right next to each other

yamamoto
so then why are you encouraging it huh

kenma
im not
u know what
idc do what u want

~

i drop the curtain after noticing kenma shake his head, and pocket his phone in the front row. the band aren't even there because they're close friends of ours. they queued, waited and genuinely pushed and shoved everyone out of the way to get to the front.

i walk down around a corner and into the room suna and the boys are setting up in, and making sure their instruments are in tune. i had that luxury during the soundcheck, but a drum kit isn't exactly the easist thing to pull back and forth from the stage.

i sit down on the bean bag in the corner of the room we're in - it's sort of our dressing room for the show but also not really. we have a few of our outfit choices in here but that's for just in case we need to change midway through the show. atsumu spilling his orange juice all over him inbetween songs, one time, taught us that we need to keep a change of clothes nearby at all times.

my drumsticks spin in between my fingers, and i subconsciously bite the inside of my cheek. i'm never usually nervous when we're about to go on stage, but there are nearly 30,000 people in the audience right now. our fanbase has really grown since the last time we played on a main stage at a real show. i don't really count my impromptu let's-get-revenge-on-terushima as a real show. we only played five songs and spent most of the time answering questions real time through a twitter poll.

i've zoned out of it since i sat down, and so when suna crouches in front of me, it takes a minute for my eyes to register him. when i meet his eyes, i send him a smile, and he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a packet of gum. he takes a piece out and hands me. i look at him slightly questiongingly, at first, since he never usually does anything like this but take the piece.

"you were biting your cheek." he gestures his hand up to my face, and i realise now that he's right. i run my tongue along the side that i'd been biting and feel the rough edges. "i haven't found a counter for it yet, but i reckon that should do the job for long enough."