57 ; GROUP HUG

ITS A HELL
OF A RIDE,
LOVING YOU

i could hear the crowd from backstage, everyone chatting between themselves, and singing along to the background music we play

tonight wouldn't be a long show, which was part of the reason why i pleaded for the show to be cheap. if we were on stage for three hours then i'd understand our original prices, but for just over an hour it was extortionate.

my drumstick spins in my hand, between my index and middle finger. my leg has been bouncing for at least ten minutes. my phone is next to me, still displaying the last message i'd sent.

i hated to do it, but i knew someone like terushima wouldn't refuse free tickets to any event.

suna enters the room, and i look up at him. i try to smile at him, but it turns out more of a grimace. my stomach churns as i focus on the sound of the crowd. he seems to notice my nerves, and picks up my phone as he replaces it next to me, on the couch.

he holds it as he reads the words, and then smirks at me. "you think he'll show?"

instead of answering him, for fear of throwing up, i shrug my shoulders.

my focus falters, and my drumstick falls to the floor. suna looks down at it, and then sighs. he pockets my phone, and moves closer to me. his body turns sideways, so that he can look at me head on.
his right arm is leaning on the cushion behind us, and his left hand rests on my thigh.

my leg stops bouncing at his touch.

"even if he doesn't show, you'll still be more than successful in reclaiming your song." i look at him, my whole body still. "the fact that you haven't lashed out, even now, is impressive. i would have slashed the guys tyres, and put tuna through his letterbox, by now. hell, i'd have done that if you'd asked, to be honest. anything to see that guy pay."

i manage a small laugh, and then i revel in the sound, noticing how suna can always pull me out from any mood that i'm in. wether it be anger, or sadness, he always knows what to say.

"you deserve to earn your song back, i know how hard you worked on it."

instead of saying anything, i wrap my arms around him, holding tightly onto him. he doesn't hesitate to return the gesture. my face buries into his neck, and i inhale slowly. his head leans on mine, and honestly i start to think i could stay here, just like this, for hours.

"thank you, for everything." i didn't know if he heard me, since my words were muffled, but his grip tightened so i figure he did.

he then pulls away, and looks at me, looking me right in the eye. "i'm here for you, no matter what."

his eyes move behind me, and i twist my neck to see what he's looking at. the twins are stood at the door, osamu looking bored, as always, and atsumu is almost nowhere to be seen. almost. except for the top of his head and his eyes peeking out from the side of the doorframe.

"you can stop creeping now."

the blonde jumps out from his supposed hiding spot, and stands beside his brother. he stuffs his hands into his pockets, and acts as though he hadn't just been spying on the two of us.

"i don't know what you're talking about." atsumu mutters, shrugging, then leans his bodyweight onto the doorframe.

osamu rolls his eyes, and walks further into the room. "you keep saying that, do you ever know what anyone is talking about?"

"i don't know what you mean." the blonde raises his brows, pointing his finger, as if he had just made a breakthrough with his switch up of words.

i can't help but laugh at their exchange, and i look at suna, who is already smiling at me.

the music playing on the stage begins to quiet down, and the crowd starts to cheer when they notice the change. i take a deep breath, standing from my seat.

i pick up my drumstick, grabbing the other one from the table beside me, and hold onto them as if they were my only lifeline. but then i look up, and meet three pairs of eyes that had become more than a lifeline, in the past few years.

i must be due on, because damn i've never felt more like crying.

giving the trio a smile, they don't hesitate to return it. then, osamu walks forward and wraps one arm around my shoulders, pulling me into his side. suna follows suit, placing his palm on my shoulder. and then, oh god, atsumu holds out his hands to either side.

not giving any of us much warning, he grabs suna and osamu with an arm each and brings them into a big embrace. i get ambushed in between the three of them, and for a second i feel like i can barely breathe.

but while suna and osamu complain, i can't help but laugh.

a/n: UGHGHH I JUST LOVE HAZE SO MUCH ITS A MASTERPIECE

anyways i once got into a fight w one of my old flatmates and my bf's first reaction was to ask if i wanted him to post tuna through their letterbox lmao