58 ; BUZZKILL

buzzkill
mothica

IM WAY TOO
FINE TO BE THIS
STRESSED

we had just finished up our fourth song on the set, and it was time for a switch of positions

as the last chorus comes to a close, suna pivots on his heels, lifting his guitar off his shoulder and handing it to one of the crew off stage. at the same time, i stand from my drum set and begin to walk down from the platform.

when the crowd realises what's happening, they all begin to cheer, but it does little to calm my intense heartbeat.

i hand my drumsticks to suna, but i hesitate to let go of them. he places his free hand on my shoulder, and looks me straight in the eye. "you got this."

nodding at him once, i finally allow him possession of my sticks. "you better look after my twins." i tell him, and he smirks at me, taking a seat at my drums.

"i'll do my best." he shrugs his shoulders, raising his hands to either side. as i walk further to the center of the stage, he hits a few notes, warming up slightly.

i send osamu a weary glance, and he nods once, reassuring me. i look to atsumu, and he salutes me with two fingers from his forehead. the gray haired twin has abandoned his center microphone, which i know was difficult for him to do, and took his place by where suna usually stands.

once i'm in position, i look into the crowd. i spot him straight away, right there with his band behind him. he doesn't meet my eye, he's too busy watching suna on my drums.

i take a deep breath, and look into the crowd. it was surreal seeing this many people showing up to a last second show.

"you guys look so much better up close, my god." the crowd cheer as i address them, and, again, it doesn't do much to calm my pulse.

i grab the microphone out of the stand, and walk slightly closer to the crowd. "so today, we're going to try something different. obviously me being up here, is the first step, but honestly i think i'm doing you a favour giving you a break from osamu's boring voice."

i send him a glance, and he tilts his head as if to say really?. at the same time, suna plays a badum-tsh on the drums.

"this next song is going to be a very special experience." i speak into the mic, and the crowd have gone quiet, listening to my every word. "i gotta take some inspiration from my great friend aiko, and get real with everyone in this room."

adjusting my earpiece, i begin to walk to the left of the stage, closer to where i saw terushima standing. "i'm not sure if anyone knows, but we have a very special guest in the building today."

i find the thieving blonde in the crowd, looking him in the eye, as i continue addressing the crowd. "his name is terushima yuji, and his band came out with a great song not so long ago."

the crowd remains silent. tens of thousands of people, and not a single word is being spoken by any of them.

"now, i only have one question for you, blondie." i crouch down in front of him, making sure to look him directly in the eyes. he seems nervous, and i begin to depict the fear in his eyes. good. he should be scared.

i smile at him, a sickly sweet action, and speak into the mic. this time, i am only talking to him. "how's buzzkill been treating you? was the thrill of stealing my song behind my back worth it?"

i have never heard a crowd cheer so loud in my life. the stark switch up to the claps and hollers from the silence they were just in was jarring.

i stand back up, and make my way to the center of the stage. "tonight, i wanna show everyone how my song is supposed to sound."

the boys begin to delay the intro behind me, and i send one last glance toward terushima. "the lyrics are quite fitting."

once suna and the twins get into the intro, i begin singing the song for the crowd. it upsets me that the only reason they know the majority of the words was because it was released into the world, prematurely and not by my own doing. but, there was nothing i could do about that now.

i sing the intro, walking toward osamu, and then joining atsumu for a moment. then, when i begin the chorus, i make my way closer to terushima, slowly.

"i won't keep your secrets now, you can't keep my volume down."

i fall into a crouch as i get further into the chorus, all the while looking at terushima. "i'm a buzzkill, gonna kill your high. 'cause i'm pissed off, i think you know why."

his face contorts into something that of anger, or embarrassment, i can't tell. what i do know, though, is that i enjoy the reaction. he was most definitely not expecting me to do this.

"and you're scared now, 'cause receipts don't lie. ever since you, fucked up, haven't made a sound. you got me upset, now i'm getting loud."

as i sing the words, i can see the crowd waving and cheering in my peripheral but i don't hear them.

sitting down on the stage, completely, i cross my legs and continue singing the song in terushima's direction. he whispers something to one his bandmates, and the timing is immaculate. "holy, mother-other, do you have something to say? 'cause this is the beginning of the price you're gonna pay." my laugh sounds through the microphone, and echos along with the words through the venue.

his friend nods to whatever he said, and then he sends me one final grimace before they all turn around and begin to leave. "and you're scared now." was the final line i got to sing to him before i was now watching the back of his head retreat.

satisfied, i jump up from my position and walk back to the center of the stage. as the song continues, i dance along with the twins as they play their instruments.

and when the song finally comes to a close, the crowd doesn't stop cheering.

and i can't stop smiling.

a/n: and there you go being the boss ass bitch u are