78 ; CONFRONTATION

YOU PURE MY
PATIENCE, YOU'RE MY
GOLDEN GLOW

"bo, watch where you're going!" even though i'm trying to be stern with him, the boy still crashes into atsumu with me on his back

"bo, watch where you're going!" even though i'm trying to be stern with him, the boy still crashes into atsumu with me on his back. i'm holding onto him for dear life, and he seems to not care at all that he could injure us both severely. and even though i'm slightly in fear of my life, i can't stop laughing.

"sorry, blondie." bokuto apologises, as atsumu playfully scowls at us and then runs off ahead of the rest of the group. he runs around a corner, and then sets me down. "okay, i'm out of breath now."

"aren't you supposed to be a pro athlete? what do you mean you're out of breath?" i joke, watching him lean on the wall of a building.

"i run around a court punching a ball, not carrying someone on my back."

i shrug, trying not to say anything that might put him into one of his moods. i've been told my akaashi that something as minor as not having enough attention on him might put him into a sulk. "or maybe you're just not up for the task."

"that's just tude, y/n." he scowls at me, playfully, and then stands up straight when he's panting less.

i stick my tongue out at him, and turn around walking away from him slightly. he follows behind as i walk. we're making our way back to our hotel, and since suna and i are now together, we agreed to stay in a room together and give the other one to akaashi and bokuto for the night. akaashi was reluctant to accept the offer but bokuto had no problem with agreeing.

"look who it is." i look up and see two guys walking towards me. i don't recognise them but there's something about their faces that seems familiar. i stop walking and look at them, trying to place if i know them or not.

"who?" i ask, looking around. when i do so, i notice bokuto is just catching up to me, but the rest of the guys are still out of sight around the corner. "bo?"

"yeah? what?" he catches up and stands beside me, looking at the guys in front of me. "you know these two?"

i shake my head, and shrug my shoulders. bokuto takes one more step to be right beside me, and looks them up and down. he's slightly taller than them and i look as the one on the left hesitates to take a step back. "you fans?"

"who'd ever want to be a fan of this little snake?" the guy of the left spits the words out like poison, and my eyebrows shoot up.

i point a finger towards myself, looking at him. "me? snake?"

"yeah, you, sweetheart."

"don't call me that." i scoff, crossing my arms, not breaking eye contact with him. i still don't recognise them, but i suppose this might be what you'd call a hater.

"terushima published that song fair and square, who do you think you are stealing it from him?"

the laugh that comes out of my mouth surprises me, i clamp a hand over my mouth, looking at him. "you did not just say that to me."

"and what are you gonna do about it?" he takes a step toward me, and as he does so, bokuto mimics the action. he's standing slightly in front of me now, but not enough to block my view of the guy.

"me, personally? probably nothing." i admit to him, knowing that not only do i have bokuto beside me, but i also have another four guys about to join us. as much as these guys could probably gang up on bokuto on his own - not that i would allow that, anyway - it'll be five against two. from the other guys lack of confrontation i can tell they weren't expecting to run into someone bigger than them.

and given that the rest of the band aren't at my side, the guy talking obviously thinks he's able to do something. it was almsot comical.

"you're a little thief, and i'll make sure everyone knows it."

"actually, your friend terushima is the thief. did you ask him where he got the song from?" he opens his mouth to answer, but i do it for him. "he got it from my laptop, while i wasn't looking. so before you come for me, how about you do some fact checking of your own?"

he takes another step towards me, but bokuto gets in front of him and holds him back with a hand on his chest. the guy doesn't enjoy that, and he pushes bokuto away with some force. when he makes the move to get back in front of me, the guy takes a swing and lands one right on bokuto's jaw. "stay out of this, man."

i don't think before i ball up my fist and return the favour. he doesn't stumble too much from the fall, but i can tell the hit hurt from his face. the second guy still hasn't said a word, but i see him look behind me and he taps his friend on the shoulder. "hey man, we should go."

they both look behind me now, and i know what they're seeing, and just as predicted they scatter when the rest of the guys catch up to us. i hear their jogging come to a halt, but the two guys have already started sprinting away. suna finds me, immediately, and takes my face into his hands looking around every inch of it. "are you okay? what happened?"

"i'm fine. bo's the one that actually took a hit." suna looks towards him, and i turn around to see akaashi inspecting his face. suna pulls me in for a hug, almost suffocating me, and says a thanks to bokuto after asking him if he's okay.

"shame they ran off." i hear atsumu comment, and i pull away from suna. "i've been wanting to practice my swing, lately."

osamu looks at him, tilting his head. "you know you can go to the gym and do that on a boxing bag."

the blonde shrugs, placing his hands in his pockets. "not as fun."

i have no idea how to wrap this up, so i'm just not going to, sue me

🗣️🗣️say it with me now: did not proof read🤷🏻‍♀️