35 ; LETS BAKE

I'VE BEEN UNDER
SCRUTINY, YOU HANDLE
IT BEAUTIFULLY

i was sitting in the makeshift recording studio i'd set up in my house

i was sitting in the makeshift recording studio i'd set up in my house. so far, we had two songs confirmed to go on our album and another four in the works. we didn't know how many we wanted on the album yet, but we were just experimenting at the moment, anyway.

i was just trying out some different beats on the drums when my phone pinged from the table.

rin-ocerus 🦏

hey

hi
whats up

im bored
are u busy

not really
just experimenting with some beats
why

good
im outside your house

oh
hang on

suna did this often. he'd turn up at my place and just sit and keep me company no matter what it is i'm doing. it was nice when it was just him, or when he'd bring osamu along. when he came with atsumu, though, there would be nothing productive going on for the rest of the day.

i reach my front door quickly, and open it up to see suna standing with two drinks in a holder. he lifts them up for me to see. "i got your motivation booster special."

narrowing my eyes at him, i open the door wider so he can walk in. "why not just my regular?"

he shrugs as he walks past me. "i figured you might be working on the album."

"you know me so well." i said the statement rhetorically, but i meant it. he did know me, very well.

after locking my front door, we make our way through the ground floor into where i was just working on some music. i yawn as i sit back down at my drum set, and suna chuckles.

"good thing i brought coffee."

i take the cup from him, nodding. "very good."

directly opposite my eye-line, he gets situated on the oversized bean bag, which i'm realising now is a guest favourite. i don't even think i use it as much as the people that come to my house do. "what you got so far?"

"nothing really. i was just playing around seeing if anything stuck." i hit a few drums, playing a short rhythm and suna nods his head along with the beat.

he then pauses, places down his drink on the nearest surface and stands as if on a mission. after leaving my room, without a word and leaving me in confusion, he returns shortly after with one of my bass guitars in hand.

instead of sitting back down on the beanbag, he opts for the cushioned chair. he places the bass on one knee and looks at me. i forget for a second that i was even playing music.

running a hand through his hair, he hums and eyes up my drums for a second. "play that again." i don't reply, but do as i'm told. "okay, keep it going." he's nodding along again, and i can see the gears turning in his head. he has an idea. "loop it on the third beat."

i do as he says, and let my limbs take control of their own, as i pay attention to him, instead.

his hair has fallen over his face, as he looks down at the bass. he really is pretty. his wrists are decorated with several chains and bracelets, and his nails look like they've been freshly painted black. oh boy.

i shake my head, looking down at my drums, focusing as to allow suna to concoct whatever idea he has brewing.

after a few more seconds, he begins strumming the guitar.

we both focus solely on the music we're making in this room and it was a feeling like no other. the bass suna added created a whole new feel to the beat i was drumming.

we play the same rhythm for a few more minutes, before i hear suna let out a short laugh.

my drums stop abruptly. "what?" i look at him, snd he meets my eye.

"when you're concentrating really hard, your tongue sticks out of your mouth a little bit." he sticks his own tongue out to show me, and i feel my cheeks go red.

"shut up."

"and you're nose kinda crinkles up and then your whole face scrunches."

"i said, shut up!"

"what?" he leans the bass against the coffee table. "it's cute."

now my cheeks get really warm. it was such a harmless comment, but coming from suna it was so much more.

"whatever. i don't wanna make music anymore." i tie my drumsticks together using the worn out bobble i carry around on my wrist.

"okay. what do you wanna do then?"

i pause, and pretend to think. "let's bake."

"what now?"

"bake. let's make cupcakes or something." i stand from my drumset and walk around. "i'm craving sweet."

"alright. you can bake, i'll watch."

"absolutely not." i grab his hand and drag him through the house to my kitchen. "you're helping me. you can mix."

"of course you give me the manual labour part of baking."

"you're the one who likes to brag about your muscles all the time."

"when the last time i bragged about my muscles?"

i grab an apron hanging on the wall and pass it to him. "probably recently."

we place our coffees on the counter and equip our aprons. "so not recently."

"oh shut up." i grab all the ingredients and pull out my favourite cook book.

i point at a batch of red velvet cupcakes, and look at suna for approval. he doesn't look at the book, but instead keeps my gaze and just smiles at me.

"what?"

"nothing." he leans on the counter. "just enjoying the view."

i roll my eyes and start reading the recipe. suna comes up next to me, his arm brushing mine.

"what's the first move, chef?"

a/n & edit: this a/n was something ab working 13 hours and my ankles hurting and i can confirm my ankles did hurt very much but theyre ok now