APOLOGY

Shinichi and Ran took Shiho to a nearby hospital. The doctors made her wear oxygen mask and observed how her breathe became normal from uneven. Shinichi was really worried about her as Shiho has a special place in his life so it was natural for him to worry about her.

"She'll be okay right?"
Shinichi said as Ran comforted him .

"She'll be...but why didn't you let kid sama to touch her?"

"He wasn't worthy Ran...
He let her sunk into that lake....she has hydrophobia."

" I can understand. But you know I think he loves her...and

"Stop it Ran.. I don't wanna talk about that ."

Ran couldn't understand why he acted like that. He never acted like a maniac for anyone, not even her so why for Shiho. Was she special for him?
She was getting bad vibes from that. But she could clearly see that Shiho has a thing for the Thief kid so she wouldn't be interested in Shinichi but they were close....what if they grow fond of each other...she was sad thinking about that.

The doctors checked upon Shiho, gave her proper treatment that helped to calm her breathe down. As the doctors left for the close relatives of the patient to see Shinichi and Ran entered.

Ran saw how Shinichi was over protective of Shiho.... she felt sad.
So she asked Shinichi to leave her and Shiho talked a bit. He wasn't agreeing before but as Ran pleaded so much he gave up and left.

" Shiho san!! How are you?"

" I'm fine.."

" Well to be honest... I was thinking...that .....if you and Shinichi...-

" Me and Tantei san what?"

" Do you kinda have something for him?"
Ran asked hoping that it wasn't true.

" Why always everyone thinks that we have a thing...ahhh Ran... I think of him as my best friend...like if he's Sherlock I'm his Watson..."

" Ohh..."
Ran sighed in relief.

" Why do you ask though...?"

" Well...ahmmm....when he carried you here everyone was like how pretty good couple they are so....

" So you're jealous?"
Shiho smiled a bit teasing her.

"No I'm not..."

" Yes you're..."

" Ohh... I've a important thing to ask you?"
"What?"

" How did you fall in the lake?"

As Ran asked Shiho recalled how Kaitou was following her asking why she was ignoring him...then she slipped and fall and then all dark.

" I slipped..."

" Oh...you should be careful?''

" Tantei san saved me?"
She said looking outside the window from where she could see the sun setting at the west... which was looking majestic.

" Well...he did carried you here...but kid sama saved you from the lake...."

When she heard 'kid sama' she looked at Ran with a brightness in her face.

"He saved me?"

" Yes....he was so worried...he was sad...he blamed himself for not saving you before falling...he was feeling guilty that he should have caught you before you could even touch the surface of water...and he is tensed that you won't forgive him..."

" It wasn't his fault.." Shiho sighed.

" He cares about you a lot..." Ran smiled .

" He cares for his reputation in front of all girls... so that they can be his fangirls.. Ran."

Ran was shocked to hear that...she thought Shiho liked him...but..

"W-Whattt?"

" Tantei san is right after all." Shiho said as she laid down and covered herself with the bedsheet.

*SHIHO*
As I said Ran those things I felt hurt.... I didn't want to say that...but it was true...he didn't care about what I feel...but I..... I don't like him like in that way right? ...or I...

Shiho shrugged her thoughts and slept.

As she was sleeping someone entered the room...
It was a nurse..she kept all her medication on the table and checked on her.

She caressed her cheeks and was mumbling something.

" Can you ever forgive me for not saving you before!!"

That was it....she was Kaitou...he pretended like a nurse getting into her looks in order not to get caught by Shinichi. He was desperate to see her. He was so devastated that he couldn't save her before she could ever fall in the lake.

" I really want to apologise for what I've done...if it wasn't me...you wouldn't be here... I really caused you a lot of trouble....

I'm sorry."