She is pregnant.

IS THAT THE REASON WHY SHE NEVER CAME BACK?

WAS SHE PREGNANT WHEN WE DIVORCED?

DID SHE KNEW ABOUT PREGNANCY WHEN SHE SIGNED ON THOSE PAPERS?

IF 'YES' THEN WHY DIDN'T SHE TELL ME ANYTHING?

IS IT NOT MINE?

The thought of another man touching her just spread rage across my body.

NO.. No. It can't be. But.... WHY?

I stood there for god knows how much Time. My head started spinning with thousands of possibilities and thoughts.

But I need my answers. I can't go back to practice with my mind full of spinning with these thoughts. I crossed the road and now I'm standing right in front of her House. Unknowingly I pressed the doorbell. Shit.. My heart was beating fast.

How will she react? She'll get angry for sure... What should i ask her first? Maybe a 'how are you'? No... No.. God. I was dying to talk to her and now she is just a door away.

I took off my mask and pressed the doorbell once again. a moment later she opened the door and stood right front of me.

SHE SAW ME with her almost half closed eyes. She came out of her doorframe and hugged me, put her head on my chest. Her face was swollen. Is she crying or maybe sleeping..

"MISSED YOU SHUBI" She said faintly.

There was no anger, no tears on her face. But then I crooked my neck and looked at her face.

She was sleeping.

This hug felt different with a huge belly between us. But her warmth is still there. The feeling of HOME is still there. My BABY.

I slowly walked her to the bed. We both got on the bed with she still hugging me. She was in a Deep sleep. Probably tired from her walk to the supermarket. I was just staring at her face.

The Face I was yearning to see for months is now right in front of me. No makeup but still glowing skin, her pink lips, opened Hair. God I missed this. But when i looked at her belly there was a pang of ache i felt in my heart. I laid beside her for some minutes, when a while later she turned slowly to the other side, I got a chance to get out of the bed.

Her house was a bit messy but specious. Ofcourse everything was in a reach of her hand. Was she living all by herself? In this condition? I started looking around. Her bedside table was full of medicines and tonics.

I moved to the kitchen. No different story, it wasn't dirty but messy. Her kitchen was full of snacks and fastfood and breads. I remember Even at supermarket today i saw her near snacks center.

I even went through her shoe stand. It was full of HER foot wares . Then closet... Its just full of HER clothes. I sigh in relief, there was NO trace of 'Another Man'. But  then suddenly my eyes fell on an piece of cloth there.... There was a  Blue shirt in a corner, carefully hanged. I took it out. Judging from it's size there's no way that shirt belong to her. A slight jealousy was started burning In me when i noticed something. The LOGo and the pattern. It was custom made for me. THAT WAS MY SHIRT. She took my shirt with her. I was surrounded by the wave of emotions. I desperately start looking in another drawers. And then right beneath her tv table i found the thing i was looking for... Since i came here.

HER MEDICAL REPORTS.

I took a deep breath and opened the File.

Name: Jyotica Sharma
Age : 25 years
Weight : 57 kgs
Hight : 5. 3 ft.
Blood group : AB+
And.... And.. And... As of now she is SEVEN AND A HALF months pregnant.

We separated almost 6 and a half months ago. It means she was already a Month pregnant when she left.

Oh.. God... I'm ... I'm going to be a... Fa... FATHER. The file in my hands started shaking terribly. She is pregnant with MY BABY. I was about to get happy when realisation hit me.

It means The time when I asked for Divorce, when she signed on those papers, when she went through Hell because of me SHE WAS PREGNANT. The entire time i was pushing her away She was bearing my Baby. Tears started beaming from my eyes. I did not just hurt my wife but i caused pain to my baby too. Im not just a terrible Husband but a awful Father too.

She's been living all by herself in this condition. Why she didn't tell me anything? Why her father didn't said anything to me?

I walked to her. Sat beside her, She said she missed me, did she?

I Slowly leaned towards her and gave her a peck on her forehead and slowly rubbed my hand over her belly. She is so Beautiful. A faint smile appeared on my face. Right here in front of me is MY FAMILY, MY HOME. THEY ARE THE PEOPLE I BELONG TO....

Then suddenly my phone vibrate in my pocket. It was ISHAN. Telling me to hurry baxk to hotel.  I need to go back. I took a look at her for last time and carefully left from there with tears in my eyes.

Is she going to remember me coming here?

..

..

..