Chapter 4

Day was filled with relatives visiting Gill family. I was in my... I mean HIS bedroom. He was busy with relatives and guests.

 Again its night. After dinner shahneel took me to her room to show me their childhood photo album.

There was a photo of young shubman. A bat in his hand. He looked Cute with those Dimples and Big eyelashes. No... No..am i blushing?

 rest of the album was filled with daima and shubman's photos. They were indeed very close. Come to think about it, i didnt saw him since evening. He didnt even show up for dinner. At 11:15 I went to his room. As expected he wasn't in there. I took shower and went to bed. I remembered this morning how he told me to ask for things that i need in this house. Somewhere he wants me to feel comfortable here. Why am i smiling?

I was about to close my eyes when i heard door opened. he entered in the room. I didnt turn around but i can sense its him. He didnt changed his clothes. Just climbed on bed. And after few minutes i heard something....

IS HE CRYING?...

I turned and looked at him. He was sitting on bed, his head in his hands down. He is definitely crying.

"Hey"

"What happened "

He looked up. His eyes were red and swelled. Did he forgot that i was here too.

"U know, you can talk to me" 

"My Daima

And he started crying again and i let him.

He sat like that on bed for like 7-8 minutes.

"She was the one who raised me. Took care of me when no one was there, no one. My parents were never there, she was."

"I undestand"

"NO YOU DON'T , I lost my daima, you didn't....

I'm so used to have her around,  now everything feels empty, every corner of this house seems empty." He started crying again.

I sat there like that without saying anything.

"Don't you hate her?" He asked.

"Why would I?"

"That she got you in this mess. I know it's difficult for you too."

"Hmm... Well It's definitely not how i thought i would ever get married. But to be honest, i don't hate her, I just can't hate anyone." I said

"Its too much, too much to handle. Daima is not here and suddenly I'm married. And you..., You must've had some expectations from your marriage too, Right. Not expecting to attend a funeral on your wedding day. I feel like mess, everything feels like a mess."  He said being frustrate.

" well, we can get out of this mess"

He looked at me with sparks in his eyes.

"See, we have one year, remember? No one is forcing you. We have time. But if you want this to work... Then we should atleast talk to each other, and stop being awkward around. I know its too much for both of us. So rather than blaming anyone let's trust the process. What's say?"

What he did next was totally unexpected.

 He hugged me. Out of nowhere. I was too stunned to utter a single word.

After a minute later he pulled back and smiled.

 He was calmed.

We said good night to each other and went to sleep.