Mexico

MIA'S POV:

I pushed my way through the crowd trying to get back into the hotel in Mexico City. One of the drivers must have been arriving or leaving for media day but I just wanted to be in the lobby. Ferrari didn't need me to be there for the rest of the day.

I was ready to see her and feel the comfortable feeling of home and people were in my way. They were happy to move when they realized I was no one important and I finally made it through the door. There she was. I hadn't seen her since the French Grand Prix. Looking glamorous as always, her hand went up when she saw me.

"Maman," I yelled excitingly causing the smile to grow on her face. My feet were practically running to her. My dad now finished looking at a picture turned and by her side now too. In that moment of approach, I felt 10 years younger. The need for my parents embrace and the comfort they provide  made me feel emotional after weeks of staying sheltered and secretive. I caught my dad's face turning puzzled in the corner of my eye before throwing myself around my mom in a tight embrace. My scrunched up face buried into her shoulder.

"Oh ma douce [my sweet]," my mom gasped unexpectedly now wrapping her arms around me too. "I missed you as well," she giggled.

I only tightened my embrace around her. "I missed you so much," I squeezed before releasing and giving my dad the same treatment of a forceful hug.

"Tu nous as manqué petite [we missed you little one]," my dad shared back.

I released my dad sniffling trying to wipe away the tears that were threatening to fall in my eyes before they noticed, but I could tell their eyes were worried. I loved my family but lived for independence, so I was sure that my behavior was throwing them off.

"I'm sorry," I laughed nervously. "I'm just so happy to see you all." 

My mom laced her hands through my arm pulling me to the seated area of the lobby. "We are so happy to see you too," she said soothingly sitting me down then plopped next to me. My dad now across from us.

"How was the flight," I asked trying to regain my composure.

"As good as it could be."

"Too long and we are hungry," my dad added in making me smile.

I knew they were hungry so I picked out a great lunch spot ahead of time. "There's this great spot for street style tacos and corn, tortilla soup, and a margarita for mom," I shared eagerly.

"Sounds perfect," my parents said together.

My watch showed it was almost one, Pierre should be finishing up with media day like I told him. "Let me just text Pierre, he should be getting off..."

My mom's hand landed over mine. "We already talked to him honey. Don't worry about Pierre, let's just go with the three of us. We will see him tonight," my mom shared out calmly.

My eyebrows pulled together hearing this, the demeanor making me weary they wanted to talk about something with just me but what could it be? "Okay," I said with a touch of uncertainty I couldn't fight. "You ready," I asked getting up off the couch.

~

The silence of the spoons hitting the end of a soup bowl were driving me insane. At the beginning of lunch everything seemed so casual and normal I almost forgot the offer for seeing just me. By now though at the end of a meal, you couldn't get my family to shut up and the silence was deafening. My dad's hum that filled the air finally put me over the edge, the sound too obvious that he and my mom were building to something.

"Répandre [spill]," I finally said staring both of them down.

My mom put down her margarita and my dad lowered his utensils.