Singapore

"Sorry where are you staying again," Pierre asked.

I looked out the jet window biting my inside lip. I wasn't a very good liar.

"There's a few people getting to stay in a yacht at Marina Bay with Ferrari. It's not like they can offer it out to larger departments of our team. I'm a one person show so they can squeeze me in."

Pierre rested his arms behind his head and it seemed to not bother him. "Nice, who all is on the boat."

"Carlos, Charles, and their personal teams," I answered truthfully. I wanted to see how Pierre reacted. I was pleasantly surprised when he said that sounded fun.

My eyes closed and I could envision the card next to my bed in Milan the night after the club. Charles already gone, but I woke up to the note on the coffee table. Thanks for getting me home. I'll see you in Singapore. XO Charles.

That was yesterday morning. Then a text came last night. Team orders 😉. Hotel or join me on the yacht for the week if you would like.

I picked the yacht and Charles was already there, just waiting on my arrival now. While he and Carlos left straight from Milan yesterday, I had a travel day back to Monaco, had to repack, sleep, and get on an early morning flight with Pierre and Kika.

It gave me time to prepare for this trip and mentally prep for what staying on the boat with Charles meant. The overall trip being from Singapore to Japan for the next two weeks. Admittedly I wasn't sure what to expect this trip but it excited me. It would be the longest trip until the Americas tour the following month.

"That'll be a nice environment to write. Direct access to the drivers and a quieter environment to get your story done," Pierre said pulling me back into the conversation. "Singapore can be crazy," he added.

"Yeah it will be," I replied. "Especially with the length of the trip."

Pierre smiled next to me when I looked over. "Just promise to join for a couple of dinners. You'll love it over there, it's so fun!"

"Promise. You know I never thought I'd be getting to live with my brother. Traveling with you and everyone else all over the world. Getting to share work in different ways. It makes it so much easier though."

"You're a pretty good roommate," he replied teasing me. "But it makes everything feel a little more like home. Plus it makes up for our lost time over the past 6 years. It's nice to be close to you again sis," he said seriously now.

I nudged Pierre with my shoulder and smiled at him. "The feelings mutual," I said back. While I felt content in this moment with my brother, I couldn't help but feel the nagging feeling in the back of my mind that I was keeping a very important secret from him. While everything with Charles was fairly innocent up to this point, I knew I was ready to blur lines.

~

The yawn escaped me as the taxi pulled up to the marina. I wasn't sure I would be able to hold it in much longer, much less keep my eyes open. It was early morning local time, and the goal was to stay awake but it seemed impossible.

It was a pleasant surprise when Carlos was the one to greet me.

"Mama Mia," Carlos yelled as I got out of the taxi.

I yelled back hello cheerfully when Carlos came to grab my bags.

"Sorry it's just me, Charles got called in for a quick promo at the paddock," he said immediately.

I wasn't quite sure what Carlos was onto with that comment, but I chose to play it off. "Well they picked the wrong driver," I said teasingly.

"Always the woman with the right takes," Carlos replied back showing me onto the boat. "Welcome," he said when we got to the deck. "Would you like the tour and we can drop off your bags?"

"Sure."

Carlos led me to a large living room that had space for tons of people. "A movie night tonight," he said gesturing to the outdoor set up. "Maybe you'll bring the better recommendations."

"I'll try," I chuckled as Carlos led me inside and down a hallway.

"These are the two masters. You," he said gesturing to the door. "Then Rebecca and I are just across the hall."

Carlos opened the door to my room and I was in awe. A massive king bed and a large room with light flooding in. I walked over to a door and opened it to a large bathroom with a shower and bathtub. My head shook taking it in.

"This is too much," I said. "You know I can take the room under the stairs."

"Ah that's where Charles, Andrea, and Arthur are staying. They will enjoy their kids room," Carlos said.

I nodded to his comment. "Who else is all bunking here?"

"My trainer and my parents. They have the suite downstairs. Then Fred isn't staying here but will have a space for work if he needs us close."

"I get to meet your mom?" I said excitingly. I had met his dad a handful of time at races.

"Sure will," Carlos said throwing my two bags onto the bed. "You'll get all the quotes you need from her I'm sure."

"Well thank you for giving me this space," I said.

Carlos grinned at me before walking over to the couch and plopping down. "Well it wasn't me," he said knowingly. "Someone wanted to see you more than just at the race track."

I sat at the end of the bed and looked down at my hands. "I'm not a fool, I wanted the same thing," I said back looking up at Carlos who was smiling. "You've figured it out," I said simply leaving the topic open.

"Only because I'm close to Charles and you. I see it and whatever is going on seems far too natural."

"Obvious?"

Carlos shook his head. "Not obvious from the outside looking in. I'm just a Spanish Cupid."

The comment made me chuckle.

"Well both of your individual secretes are safe with me," he went on.

"Thank you," I said feeling the blush creep into my cheeks.

Carlos stood up and made his way to the door. "I'll leave you to unpacking. I also promise sleeping now is better than fighting the jet lag. Plus you're not allowed to miss the movie tonight," Carlos said.

"I'll be there," I replied before he walked out of the room. I huffed falling back into the bed and let my eyes close. I could unpack later.