Chapter 50: I've Got a New 'Weakest' Element!

After defeating Zansword, I went back to Helheim.

There I met Seele, who had just got back from scouting mercenaries, and we casually strolled around the city.

“Hm~, so you’ve already reached level 50? But after grinding nonstop for a few days with the super rare sword you gave me, I’d just barely made it to level 40…!”

“Well, still, I can’t slow down my pace. I mean, there are apparently a handful of players who are higher level than me, like Zansword.”

“Ah~… You can find them in any game, jobless people—I mean, people with plenty of time to spare…” Seele made a strange expression.

Well, that was just how the world worked. At the other end of the spectrum, there were people with plenty of financial power like me, and I planned to make full use of it.

I decided to split off with her when we arrived in front of the training ground.

“See ya later, Great Demon King. I also would like to have my gear altered, so I’m gonna go to that girl named Grimm you just scouted.

“After that, maybe I’ll show the mercenary NPCs I brought around the city. I mean, they all immediately headed to the living quarters the moment we arrived because they were terrified of the monsters roaming all over the city.”

“Haha, they’ll get used to it. I’ll leave the command of all the mercenaries to you, so do some bonding with them before the event.”

“Got it.”

Seele waved her hand as she slipped into the throngs of murderous caterpillars and man-eating tigers.

Seeing her exchanging greetings with summoner NPCs—who now had mohawks for some reason—that greeted her with “Thank you for your hard work, Seele-aneki!”, it seemed she had become completely used to the atmosphere of the city. I was glad.

Relieved at the figure of my sub guild master, I headed into the training ground to decide on my ‘second job’.

◆◆◇◆

“Kishaaa!” “Kishasha, kishaaa!” Kisha~!”

In the excessively spacious training ground, while smilingly watching Pontaro, Ponjiro, Ponsaburo, Ponshiro, Pongoro, Ponrokuro, Ponshichiro, Ponhachiro, Ponkuro, Ponjuro, and Ponjuichiro playing tag, I sat down and opened the menu window.

When I touched the ‘Get a Second Job’ button, a list of numerous jobs appeared.

“Which one should I pick, I wonder~?”

I had already two candidates in mind. The first was ‘Enchanter’, just like Zansword. Imbuing weapons with magical attributes was the simplest but the most surefire way to increase attack power.

The second was ‘Archer’. It was the go-to job for those who chose the bow as their weapon, and if I picked this as my second job, I should be able to use various archery arts.

If I combined the art that doubled shot arrows with Pontaro and the gang’s cloning ability, I should be able to make up for the number of their clones that had been reduced by the shitty devs. Then I’d be able to make rains of arrows again.

But that’s kinda boring, isn’t it?

With that in mind, I visited my old pal, ‘BSO Strategy Guide Site’. This site had deceived me, but it was just too useful.

Accessing the internet through the menu window, I opened the ‘Strongest Job Ranking’ page.

“Hmm, the upper ranks are all taken by mainstream jobs like Swordsman and Spearman. The baldhead’s Grappler, on the other hand, seems to be placed low because of its glaring disadvantage.”