Chapter 33: Evil Player Yuri-chan!

“—Haa… haa… I can see it. I can see it now… a new style to take revenge on the devs…!” I grinned in the center of the Training Ground. Hundreds of battered training scarecrows piled up in front of me.

The Training Ground was a convenient place. Order it, and it would spawn you any number of mobs. At the reception, you could also choose to use the General Training Ground or the Individual Training Ground.

I was using the latter. It was meant for people who wanted to improve their fighting style in secret. The former, on the other hand, was more of a place used to train your basics by having mock battles with others. I heard the number of new users had increased by more than 50,000, so maybe I should hit it up to give them some advice. Like teaching bow users how to throw punches.

Well, let’s put that aside for now.

“…The best fighting style is to attack, attack, and attack, after all. Just because I can no longer withstand multiple fatal wounds in a row and my firepower has dropped doesn’t mean I have to go on the defensive.”

Yes, if you’re a man, you can only attack. If you killed your enemy before they attacked you, they wouldn’t be able to attack you; as they say, the strongest offense was the best defense.

With that in mind, I looked over some damage-increasing skills, but none of them clicked with me. The damage multiplier was now limited to 10x in the first place.

After a little hour of anguish—I finally decided to rely on the strategy guide site.

I was still pissed off at it for deceiving me, but I couldn’t deny that it was incredibly useful.

While gritting my teeth at the comments of “Summoner+Bow+Luck, from broken to trash! Hurrah~!” here and there, I opened up the page called ‘Strongest Limited Skill Ranking’.

I scrolled down from the upper ranks, where skills with high versatility were lined up, and eventually reached the lowest rank, where the ones with limited uses were… and there I found it. A ‘shitty skill’ that would allow me to break through my predicament!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Summoner-only skill, ‘Arms Barrier’. Required event points: 150 (max)

・When HP is below 10%, summon weapons around the user instantly.

However, the summoned weapon returns to the item box in 3 seconds.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

This was the limited skill I acquired.

I had no idea since I had nearly thirty thousand points, but for normal players, 150 points for a skill that could only be activated in certain situations was pretty expensive and not appealing at all. They had to defeat just as many players, after all.

“‘Arms Barrier’, Summoner-only skill. It sure seems quite inconvenient to use normally.”

I tried to use it the way the devs designed it. A summoning formation appeared at my feet, and my Beginner Bow popped out from it, disappearing soon after.

Seemed like I could use it to defend if I timed it with the enemy’s attack.

It would likely be very useful for players with a great sword with a wide blade, but… the weapon I chose when creating my character was the ‘bow’. Thin and light, it would prove pretty useless for defense.

That was why I thought it was a shitty skill at first, but then a thought came to me: That reminds me, what would happen if I used weapons other than the one I’d chosen initially?