Chapter 37-38: Grand Birth of the Devilish Debugger Yuri-kun!

Seele and I were brought to a huge underground prison where no light could reach.

Then we were forced into one of the cells packed with several people.

“Your execution will be carried out shortly. Until then, you can spend your last minutes trembling in fear here!”

Having said that, the guard NPC locked the cell and left somewhere.

At that moment, a message popped up in front of us.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

You have been sent to the underground prison. In this place, the effects of jobs, skills, and arts are nullified. In addition, you cannot summon monsters, nor can you access the item box. Stats’ physical ability-boosting effect is also removed.

You will be executed in 10 minutes. In the case of death due to violation of the law, your level will drop by one.

・You may get out of this place by:

1: Accept the death penalty and revive at the temple in the Beginning Town.

2: Call the guard NPC and pay bail. If you do so, you will be able to get out of the cell and teleport to the entrance of the city. However, the bail amount varies depending on the city where you were arrested. By decree of the city lord-cum-pope, the bail in this city is set at the highest amount of 30 million gold.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

“Haa~… this is the end. We’re checkmated…” Seele muttered, releasing a deep sigh.

She ruffled her red hair and then looked at the message with a distressed look on her face.

“As a PKer, I’d rather go on a rampage than just wait for death, but our stats, our skills, our everything is sealed—waiting for death is all we can do. Haa, Lord Demon King, I guess this is a goodbye. I mean, why the hell is bail so damn expensive…”

“Well, I can afford it. I happen to have around 30 million gold on me.”

“For real?! …That’s extreme Luck for you, I guess. You can rampage as you please and on top of that your rare items drop rate is envyingly high. Never mind… just leave me behind and escape by yourself…!” Seele shouted with a somewhat lonely voice, sounding sulky.

I pulled her cheeks tightly.

“Wa?! W-wat a yu dowing?!”

“Escape, you say? Are you kidding me? This arrest was unjustified in the first place. You aside, I’m completely innocent! Why should I be sentenced to death?!”

“Hold on, what did you mean me aside?! Don’t you think that’s kind of cruel of you?!”

I ended up coming to this damned city only because I followed you, to begin with?! – Seele began to make a fuss. Glad she had regained her spirit.

Alright—I’d found a hole in the system. All that was left for us to do now was to break out of this prison with spirit and guts. Then as a righteous Summoner, I would bring down divine punishment to the corrupted Pope who said that ‘monsters were evil just by being alive’.

“Okay, playtime’s over. Let’s go get rid of Pope Gregorion.”

“Huh?! What are you talking about?! We can’t even break out of this prison, and HP doesn’t decrease in the city in the first place, remember? I knew I jokingly asked if you would kill the lord NPC when you said you were gonna take over the city, but that’s fundamentally impossible…”