Chapter 25: Battle Royale, Start!

Fifth day since the game launched. When I logged in a little before 10 a.m., when the event would start, the Beginner Town was crowded with players.

Everybody had their status window open and was getting ready for battle.

“Okay, maybe I should check my status too.”

Status open!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Name: Yuri

Level: 30

Job: High Summoner

Weapon: bow

Stats

Strength: 0 Defense: 0 Magic: 0 Agility: 0 Luck 390 x 3 x 2 + 39 + 90 = ‘2469’

Skills

[Luck Enhancement] [Tenacity] [Fatal Strike] [Head-to-Head] [Genocide Killing] [Heartless Shinigami]

[Absolute Zero] [Use It Properly!] [Conqueror of Adversities: Is activated due to HP being 1. All stats are doubled] [God-Slaying Fist] [Psycho]

Equipment

Head: Shinigami’s Hair Ornament (No requirement. MP +30 Luck +30)

Body: Shinigami’s Dress (No requirement. MP +30 Luck +30)

Feet: Shinigami’s Boots (No requirement. MP +30 Luck +30 *Possessed by Maa-kun)

Weapon: Beginner Bow

Accessories: Cursed Ring (Sets the wearer’s max HP to 1) Evil God Contract Necklace (Triples Luck when the wearer’s HP is 1)

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

“Mhm~, look at that Luck…!”

Thanks to the bonus from my skills and equipment, it had almost reached 2500! The main stat of other level 30 players was in the range of 400, so that was six times as many. Just, wow.

It was when I was grinning at my unbelievable number of Luck. A player who was apparently walking with his eyes focused on his status window bumped into me from behind, causing me to stagger forward.

But then a strong, manly arm supported me by the shoulder.

“You okay, beautifully dressed miss? The street is so crowded, it’s dangerous to stay here. How ‘bout you and I go to some quieter place?”

Blergh. I was about to say thanks, but then I heard those words clearly filled with ulterior motives coming from above me.

Well, that didn’t change the fact that I owed him a favor. I looked up at the other person’s face and was going to quickly say thanks and leave when…

““It’s you!””

…The person turned out to be the baldhead bastard, again. This made it the third time I’d been hit on by this guy.

We stared at each other in mute amazement before we both released deep sighs, ““Haaa~~~””

◆◆◇◆

“Dammit, Yuri! Every time I thought I’d found my destined one, why did it always have to be you?! What the fuck is going on?!”

“How the hell am I supposed to know that, you baldhead!”

We sat on the edge of the fountain, snarling at each other. Come to think of it, this had always been our routine since day one.

Jeez, what a pain in the ass, I slurped down the juice with a random flavor I’d bought at a stall.