Humanity and Monsters III

Start from the beginning

⚘★⚘★⚘★⚘★⚘★

Hinata and the rest were speeding down the road towards Tempest. They would not give their horses any breaks since this morning Hinata had received shocking information. Her second-in-command had even acted on his own against her orders. 

"Why would he ignore your orders Hinata-sama? If he's something than absolutely loyal towards you" Fritz asked. And he wasn't the only one pondering about what their leader had told them in the morning. 

"That's not important now," Hinata answered, her eyes fixated on the road. 

The Team of four Holy Knights and Hinata had started their Journey this morning relaxed. On their way, they noticed that the Street built by the monsters was even cleaner pathed and had more high-quality bricks than the ones in Ingrassia. 

Beyond their beliefs, they discovered water fountains, signs, and even inns at certain intervals along the road. All of them noticed one thing: the demon lord's actions were indeed following what he had said about his wish to coexist with humanity. 

But then Hinata received a [Thought Communication] from Sophie personally, once again warning her about the not-so-secret scheme and providing her with the necessary details. 

.

.

.

"So at last you've come, Hinata," Rimuru said; he looked towards Hinata and away from the battle that was going on just down the hill. 

Rimuru sighed "You're doing whatever you want but surely I don't need to remind you that this is my territory" 

Hinata who climbed down from her horse listened closely to what Rimuru had to say. Despite her wish for a fruitful and peaceful exchange between them all the chances were pointing against it. A fight wasn't something she could prevent anymore. 

"I am not nice enough to allow you to strike us first. The moment you staged Military action within our borders... that was enough to assume you're going to harm us." Rimuru 

"I guess that's only natural," Hinata answered as she shortly observed the battle inside the Holy Field. She was perplexed to see goblins being stabbed and yet healing perfectly, but it was not the time to be surprised. 

"But I have no Idea why Leonard, my second-in-command, is disobeying my orders either. As if only manipulation trough words were enough" Hinata said 

Rimuru noticed a sting of sadness in Hinata's usually serious expression but ignored it "Don't make me laugh you did get my message right?" 

"Yeah" Hinata answered she nearly seemed ashamed of herself while saying this. 

"And this is your answer?" Rimuru asked to confirm his suspison. 

⚘★⚘★⚘★⚘★⚘★

Meanwhile, in the midst of the ongoing battle, three individuals stood nonchalantly while looking at each other: Shion, the leader of the troops that Tempest had sent to catch the enemies, Leonard, and another holy knight/saint named Garde. 

"My name is Shion. I am Rimuru-sama's first Secretary," Shion announced 

"We got some big fish here" Garde said while readying his spear for a fight. 

Although her face seemed serious, Shion couldn't care less all she wanted to do is to finish her mission given by Rimuru-sama perfectly "By the way" the wicked oni stated, "Rimuru-sama has following message for you : Choose between Submission or Death"