𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

Esᴄᴏʙᴀʀ Lᴏᴠᴇ | VOLUME ONE

BETTER TO DIE FIGHTING, THEN BE A PRISONER ALL THE DAYS OF YOUR LIFE
[MEDELLÍN, COLOMBIA]

MESSIAH MORALES

"All rise."
Today was my trial, to see whether I see daylight again or not, if I'm guilty or not. I look behind me, my father with his hand over his mouth, I couldn't tell if he was worried or disappointed. Seated next to him was and my three brother's:Josiah, Moses and Roman. They all had furious faces — I could tell they didn't wanna be here.

Franklin's family. His parents, aunts and cousins, were in tears. Making me feel so remorseful but I had to do what I had to do. My life?...or his? They looked down at me in shame, shaking their heads with hard faces.

I put my head down as I could feel the guilt take over my body.

"Department one of the superior court is now in session. Judge Jose presiding. Please be seated." Said the officer in the courtroom.

I could hear the movement — the shuffling of costs and bags impact the noise of the people sitting down.

"G-good morning...uhh...ladies and gentlemen." The judge. He was nervous as a bitch, he knew what he was entitled to.

"Calling the case of the people of Medellín versus Scar. Are both sides ready?" The judge called out before pulling out a handkerchief to wipe off the beads of sweat from this forehead.

"Ready for the people, your honour?" Another man in a suit spoke. He was the district attorney.

"Ready for the defence, your honour?" Said my public defender, purposefully i didn't get a lawyer. My nigga. Alonzo, he was undercover for me.

"Will the clerk please swear in the jury?" Judge Jose asked.

"Will the jury please stand and raise your right hand..." he paused and everyone stood.

"Do the each of you swear that you will fairly try the case before this court and that you will return a true verdict according to the evidence and the instructions of the court, so help you God? Please say I do." Pausing the clerk waited for the jurors to say "I do".

"You may be seated".

The room fell silent, the tension in the air became thick. The Deputy DA stood up and went to talk more privately to the jury.