𝐈𝐈

CHAPTER TWO.

The statement "Life is just a game" might seem like a pessimistic view, but it can be empowering. It implies that our time on earth is limited and that we should make the most of it. It doesn't matter if you are wealthy or struggling financially, what truly matters is how you spend the time you have. Death is all around us.
Life...
is full of surprises.

-Messiah Morales

Esᴄᴏʙᴀʀ Lᴏᴠᴇ | VOLUME ONE

GET RICH OR DIE TRYIN' ❞
[MEDELLÍN, COLOMBIA]

MESSIAH-MYLES-MORALES

Messiah glanced up at the clock on the wall as he spoke on the phone, his tone calm and collected. "Listen, make sure ya' ready in five minutes," he said. However, Franklin's response was far from collected as he bellowed down the telephone in a panicked voice. "Five minutes?! Nigga I only just woke up!"

Messiah hissed pulled the phone away from his ear and kissed his teeth in annoyance and irritation, clearly frustrated by Franklin's loud outburst. "Listen wear sum... more "street" Messiah spoke to Franklin in a more persuasive tone. "What's wrong with the shit I where" Franklin took his advice to an offence, "exactly...shit".

"Listen time is money, ya' hea'?" Messiah stated in a serious tone. Time was money, and I was ready to chase it. In the world of "adults", they often seem to make it out that if you don't go to school, ya go broke and die, but nah not me. "Listen, nos vemos en la esquina de Julio en 15 minutos, capeesh (meet me at Julio's corner in 15 minutes, capeesh)?" messiah commanded, "capeesh"...

...

"¿Qué carajo está este nigga en (the fuck
Is this nigga at)?" Messiah whispered under his breath as he stared at the cars going by. "Messiah" his name suddenly pierced through the silence, startling him who was lost in thought. As he turned around, he found someone standing behind him. It was an abrupt and unexpected appearance that made him jump. In a fit of frustration, he grabbed the collar of the person who had appeared, who was shortly identified as Franklin. "Franklin are you crazy!? You can't just be tossin' my name in the air like that man now that we're doing this" Messiah warned, "shit...yeah, I forgot, sorry Scar" earning an eye roll from him.

As they walked down the street, Messiah turned to his friend and asked him what his "street name" was. Franklin thought for a moment and then said, "I was thinkin'... young gun." Messiah looked at him sceptically, not quite sure where that name had come from.

They turned a corner and Messiah couldn't help but chuckle as he said, "You've never even held a gun befo-." But Franklin was undeterred, and he corrected his friend: "Exactly, young gun, young wid tha gun." They continued walking down the street, Franklin clearly scornful of his new "nickname". Messiah chuckled in amusement as he listened to what was being said to him. "Oh I see, mi amigo," he remarked with a grin. However, after a brief pause, his expression turned more serious as he said in a flat tone, "That's stupid." a hint of disapproval in his voice as he spoke as if he wasn't impressed with what he had just heard.