𝐕𝐈

CLAUDIA CORTÈS

BANG! BANG! BANG!
Suddenly the sound of deafening shot's of a gun pierce through my ears following up with a high pitch ringing.

I couldn't hear a thing but feel my body keel over at a slow pace. My body eventually hit the ground. I still couldn't hear a thing and everything was moving in slow motion. I attempt to pick my body off the ground, my hands and knees grazing against the bitter concrete surface. Bellow me was the man, a lifeless body on its side in pool of crimson thick blood.

From the corner of my eyes I see another masked man running up to me. I turn to face him and we lock eyes. He looked familiar to me? Like I've seen him before?

"Hey you okay?" My hearing came back the moment I heard his voice. He lifted me from ground dusting me off. "Umm I-I'm fine" I hiss in pain immediately applying pressure to my rib with my left hand. The man put his hand over mine and looked in my eyes searching for an answer. I must've of bruised it since there was no blood visible.

"I'm fine. It must've been a bruise."

"All right umm...shit! Get in the car. NOW!" I hurriedly ran to the car and got in the backseat. He followed up getting into the drivers seat. A few other men ran to us but they didn't make it. The man wasted no time driving off.

I glanced looked at him through the drivers mirror still holding my rib. Abruptly we stopped at a red light. I didn't even realise where he was taking me.

"Umm where about do ya' live?" He broke the silence as we came to a red light.

"Near the post office"

"Sí"

The lights switched to green and the vehicle started moving again. I stared at him once again through the drivers mirror. For some reason he looked so familiar. Like we had met before. His focused sunken eyes. His chest heaving up and down. He seemed like he was battling through tension. Although I could only see his eyes through his mask, I could tell they were full of pure dread. Even though he was the one in control of the car's movement I could tell that mentally he wasn't there.

"Fuck!" The man yelled abruptly as the phone began to ring. He picked up the phone from his pocket and read the number before mouthing curse words again.

"Hello?"...

"¿Dónde coño estás?
(where the fuck are you)"

The voice cursed through the phone.

"Just runnin' some errands, you know"

"Nah I don't know, I've been tryin' to get through to ya all day? Listen don't fuck about with this Scar you better not be fuckin' with my money either, get ya ass hea' NOW!"

The call had been cut. The man through his phone at the window. Making my body jump again. I'm surprised it didn't break through.

*timeskip*

"This it?" I woke up to his voice, we arrived at the post office.

"Listen, just so you're safe I'm gonna drive slowly behind you until you reach your house, got it?"

"Y-yes" I got out the car still holding my rib.

I could feel the car trail on the road slightly behind me. I began to feel the feeling of homesickness fill my body.

I wanted to be home. All this was too overwhelming.

*mini timeskip*

I finally reached to my front door but when I looked back the car had already gone...

MESSIAH MORALES

I can't believe this shit happened man. It was never supposed to be like this.

"Fuck!" I yelled out loud pushing the car's horn.

I never wanted to put her in that sort of danger again. I feel like it's my fault. I should've known.

I wonder what would've happened if I turned down that deal...

Her poor innocent soul may not have been able to see daylight ever again.

Bringing me back to reality my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Yo what's happenin' man?" It was Diego

"Listen I got the car before you ask ion kno who that girl was but she's save I believe"

"Good, good, So we all meet at the meet up then"

"Nah they can't know I'm workin' for Tony"
I ended the call and decided to ring someone else.

"Ay I got the car"...

I slammed the car door shut. We were just on the coast of Medellín, somewhere private so we could do real talk.

"Ay Scar, just the man I was waitin' for, what took you so long man?"

"Sorry man just a few things came up, but I got her for ya" I responded tapping my hand against the car's boot before leaning against it.

"Keys?" He gestured his hand out. Is he fuckin' for real?

"Money" I copied his gesture making him break out in laughter.

But he knew I wasn't bullshitting when I wasn't laughing with him.

He through a bag of money across the to me and I through him the keys. And I started to head out.

"Oh yea' and by the way..." he paused

"I knew that the car was in use"...

~I hope you enjoyed this chapter, sorry that it was a little short this time!
Please don't forget to vote and share.
Thank you for reading, Goodbye!