𝐈

CHAPTER ONE.

❝ THE WORLD IS YOURS ❞

THE WORLD IS YOURS

Medellín, Colombia. | 1976'
•Messiah-Myles Morales

1976. The troubled youngster, seated scribbling, determinedly writing down answers to questions he had no clue about, in a classroom surrounded by quiet, ordinary, dull-minded teens.
his heart pounding with what to expect of his future since this test he was taking depended on his life.

"Nah fuck this am' out! " Messiah blurted out and rose to his feet aggressively, making his chair fall on its back,  storming out of the class, disrupting the noiseless room. Messiah had enough of how the pressure of what "the man he may turn out to be" impacted his teenage life since he was the youngest of his brothers.

I busted through the school doors and immediately bolted when I heard the sounds of panicking teachers and footsteps that trailed after mine, my heart picked up a pace when I soon spotted the gates that kept me in this "artificial hell". "¡Señor morales! ¡señor morales! espere, regrese aquí o llamamos a su padre.
(wait get back here or we will call your father )". swiftly and carelessly jumping off the tall thin gates I finally escaped pacing down the street and blocking out the annoyance of the squabbling teachers. I'm tired of this shit. School. Family. Life. Shit's too much. I'm gonna make a change in myself. "Fuck this!" I forcefully tore my school tie off my neck and threw it to the ground. "Yo, wait up Scar" Franklin jogged catching up with me.

Franklin was my best friend from the jump. my father knew his family, best friends with his dad, they weren't as wealthy as us so my father did everything he could to give their only son, Franklin, a chance in life. We grew up together like brothers. "Scar" short for "scarface" is a nickname everyone calls me. Family. friends. everyone. The only reason I earned the name "scar" is through engaging in a fight against four other boys when I was thirteen, which resulted me in getting a big scar from my eyebrow to my cheek trying to defend Franklin's ass. from that day and over four years, I developed the name "Scarface".

Deciding to stop Messiah's steps, Franklin tugged on his shirt, pulled him to the side and threw his arms in the air."What you doin' man!?" "What the fuck do you mean what I'm doing man? I'm out. I'm through with this shit." He expressed and mirrored him throwing his arms up and continuing walking leaving Franklin to stand there, before rolling his eyes and chasing after Messiah. "What you gonna do now scar? Hmm? Not go to school anymore throw your life away-" "No!" messiah interrupted Franklin's reasoning. "There's more to life than joining the 'rat race', I wanna do sum' else with myself i'm tired of this family underestimating me! You don't know what it's like".

I am indeed the youngest in my family out of all my other brothers. Our family is different. we are a "crime family" also known as one of the biggest mafias in Colombia. both my parents are married, but my mother lives in Queens New York with my four other brothers however, I live with my father in Medellín Columbia with my three brothers. Josiah, Moses, and Roman. My father is the godfather, the don, The founder of the family business. He was never originally part of a mafia this is the first mafia in our family name, "Morales". My father partnered with one of the world's biggest notorious gangsters back in the 50s before he was betrayed and had to kill his best friend to save himself.