20. Roomie

Elizabeth

                      I waved at him smiling sweetly as I got out of the car. Eren had been driving me to work everyday  and each day,he had been trying to convince me to quit my job .

     He had even offered me a credit card and promised to give me fifty thousand every week . As tempting as it was, I refused. I'll be throwing away every single lesson I learnt from Mrs Hamilton if I gave in.

   I couldn't tell if he was mad at me but there was this frown on his face as he drove off. He always had a frown on his face whenever he failed to convince me .
       Stepping into the elevator  my phone vibrated in my hand bag. It  was my mother calling .
  I swiped the green button and her voice rang through."Hey dear !"

"Hi mom, I told you not to call this early,I'm at work ".

"Of which you didn't tell me about till yesterday".

I rolled my eyes." I already apologized for that ".

"It's alright,I'm happy you're doing great. My baby is finally making her own cash ".She squealed.

I sighed . " Gosh mom!...I have to go okay !".

" Alright ,I'll call you some other time. "

"Bye mom,love you! ".

" Come visit sometime okay ".

"Okay ,byeee".

" Bye sweetie!"

          I ended  the call just in time as the Elevator door opened. Thankfully my boss wasn't here yet which meant I had some time to myself .  Lately he had been acting extra nice ,like really extra nice and it was bothering me .
       Maybe that was his personality but what bothered me wasn't his attitude towards me but that of other employees. It felt like everyone hated me except for Wrenlee. We had become good friends since our interview.

  I stopped going to the cafeteria when I heard one of the employees saying weird stuff about how I was getting too much attention from the boss and how I might have done some disgusting things with him to gain such attention.

It was so  bizarre. There was a time Melissa almost spilled coffee on me one morning. It was obviously intentional all because Mr Torres had scolded her . Like it was my fault he did . She was just embarrassed that I got to watch her get humiliated and wanted to do the same to me .

     Mr Torres walked into the office few minutes later . Smiling sweetly , I walked up to him to show him his schedule for today .

    He paused on seeing me ,his lips curving upwards." How's my favourite employee doing ".

I flipped my hair proudly." I'm doing great Mr Torres,this is your schedule for today ".

He collapsed on his chair adjusting his tie  . " Well you'll have to cancel everything for today ".

My eyes widened,I had spent the entire night putting together his schedule and now he was telling me to cancel everything." Um....is there a specific reason to do so ?" I asked .

" Yes , we're going out ". He said blankly .

I stared at him for a moment or two . " We ??"

He chuckled. " Don't get the wrong idea Mrs Rhodes, we're going to met a client ".

My cheeks burned . He had been flirting with me all week ,what did he expect me to think . " But...I wasn't informed about the sudden change in schedule. "