17. His obsession

Elizabeth

        Straightening up my pencil skirt,I let my thick curls fall to my shoulders. Grabbing my hand bag ,i headed towards the door. I had never been on a job interview before ,Mrs Hamilton said it was just some lame excuse to scrutinize someone. She made me apply to multiple jobs online and now I had five job interviews to attend this week.

         A week ago she was discharged from the hospital and I had spent the last week of my life recieving advice on how to live a more productive life from her. It wasn't as bad as I thought,we did argue a lot but it was more on a playful side.
            She had thought me how to make pancakes and now ,I'm proud to say I make the best pancakes on earth courtesy of Mrs Hamilton. She had taught how to make simple dishes , something my mother never taught me . To think that we would become best buds after our constant battering was absurd but look at us now.

           Smiling ,I walked a few feets away from my house to get a cab . I'll get a car with my first pay check if I get this job ,but for now I'll keep using the credit card my mother gave me .

           Arriving at the huge building,I did my survey . The skyscraper was so high I couldn't see the top. It wasn't as big as it was on the net ,guess photos appeared differently  in reality. Stepping into the building I was met with a receptionist and she led me to a waiting room. I wasn't the only applicant there ,there were a total of 112 people,men and women included. I started having cold feet. This was the first time I was doing this .

   I had practiced likely interview questions with Mrs Hamilton but my brain couldn't process anyone at this moment. I took a deep shaky breath and waited till my name was called. 

     I observed my surroundings,I wasn't the only one nervous. This was one of the biggest pharmaceutical companies in the country and from what I've heard ,getting a job here was like looking  for a coin in an ocean . The pay was good , perfect even and that was why I decided to apply. 

     Huffing a breath I turned to the lady at my side ,she was literally shaking."is this your first interview?" I asked .

     Mrs Hamilton had said that the first step to making good friends was knowing how to start up a good conversation. Funny how she sat me down and taught me like a child .

She nodded ,her hazel eyes dancing with both fear and nervousness. " This is my first time getting a job and I'm worried I'll screw up ".

I chuckled." I'm scared too but I'll just do my best ".

  "What post did you apply for ?" She asked.

I smiled at her. "Just a secretary" .

Her hazel eyes widened." Just a secretary?? Do you know what that means! ".

I Shrugged ." That I'll get to read hundreds of mails and adjust schedules ?"

"It means you'll work side by side with the boss !"

Not like i wasn't aware , i didn't want to settle for a lower position." Isn't it better ".  I shrugged.

She contemplated." I'm not sure ,I heard the boss is the harsh and strict type ".