05. Obsession

Sally coughed and quickly covered her eyes flashing a stupid grin. " I'm sorry for interrupting". 

" No..no..no,you were not interrupting  . I was just about to leave ".  Mr double H said and scrambled to his feet only to be pushed back down by me .

" Yes! you were interrupting,I'll meet you in five ". I said smiling devilishly.

She peeked between her  fingers to take one last look at  us. " I should get going now ". And then she left.
     As soon as she locked the door,Mr double H sprang to his feet and glared at me . He snatched his phone from me almost pulling my hands along.

"What is wrong with you ?...you are so not ladylike!" He spat ...I couldn't tell if he was angry or simply embarrassed.

I shrugged. " I'm not the one with a red face ".

He mumbled something.. probably a throttle . " I hope our paths never cross after today ".

" Oh no...mister,there's going to be a lot of paths crossing and I'm very much looking forward to them ". I smiled and patted his shoulders. Without looking back,I waltzed out of the room.

         Sally was waiting for me in her car...I saw the suspicious look she gave me and I braced myself for a whole round of questioning.

" Soo...what's up with you and your new friend?". She asked ,looking at me like she wanted to see the depth of my soul.

I gave her a cold look and rolled my eyes  . " We're not friends okay !"

She laughed clearly not taken by my curt explanation. " Then what was that all about? ". She asked still eyeing me .

" Stop getting wrong ideas ,that was all nothing".   I said looking out the window, trying my best to keep a straight face.

"Gosh Liz!!.... You only just met him and you're already kissing ?" She scolded. She would soon start ranting about how I played with people's feelings and then probably use Felix as an example ....and then how I went out with men giving them the impression that I was into them and then when they've fallen so deeply in love I would end the relationship. She wanted me to settle down just like my parents,I understood that . But she didn't know about Dwain.....and I felt bad keeping it from her but I did not want to open wounds that were close to completely healing . She didn't know anything about how Dwain had hurt me  and I wasn't ready to tell her yet. 

" We didn't do anything like that ". I said .

" But you've exchanged numbers ,right ?"

I shrugged . " Uhh...yeah ".

She sighed ." Liz I know what you're doing and it's not right . If you are not interested in him don't get his hopes up ."

" Hey ...relax , we're just going to be good friends and it's his fault if he gets interested in me".  I said bluntly. " Besides...who knows,he might be my Mr right."

" Everyman you flirt with is your Mr right !,just stop playing with people's feelings . Maybe that's why you'll never find someone to settle down with. ". She scolded,We've gone over this a thousand times.

I picked up a nail cutter and started cutting my nails . " I was never and will never be interested in settling down." I said flatly.

She  sighed again . "Just let that man be ".