30

ONE MONTH LATER

SATURDAY, AUGUST 5

ANAYA'S P.O.V

So far, life is as great as I'm making it to be right now.

My room is now complete, and I'm trying to slowly put it together. I wanted to add on two more rooms on the house but being that I'm starting school next month it would be hectic for me and I don't do well under pressure so I would have to put it off until some other time. I'm thinking next summer, though.

My brother and I have somehow gotten into a routine of it just being us at home. Every day, mommy calls us, and I know she's being worried about us being here alone, knowing that Donald can show up anytime.

Last but not least, I'm slowly starting to accept that Ryan might not be coming back. It seems as if his phone is not working even though I try to use different phones to call him. All his social media is deactivated as well. I even went to his house and found a whole family living there saying they had bought the house for a couple of days now. Seeing all this just placed things into perspective for me, and I don't know how to feel about it. I don't know if he's in trouble or if he's just over me.

I really don't know...

Shaking my head to clear these thoughts, I finished getting myself ready. Today is Brit's baby shower, and Anthony and I will be going together.

"Anthony, come tek one picture fi mi please," I called from outside.

"Mi a lock up the house and come," He answers.

I want Brit to have a girl so bad!!!

While taking the pictures, we heard Devaughn driving up into the yard. Brit said she was sending him since we didn't have a ride.

Sigh....

The only person I've told about what really happened was Brit. Everybody else kept on asking, and I was getting tired of lying, so I just ignored the questions. I know they must be thinking a lot of things right now and to be honest mi feel shame because mi mek dis man tell mi all weh him waa tell mi, bring him round mi family and so much more only fi him up and leave without no explanation.

I know Mommy is waiting for an explanation because her random stares told me so. She, too, was getting used to having him around, but I just can't face her to tell her that he just decided to just disappear.

We greeted Devaughn as we entered the car, and then we were on our way to Brit's baby shower.

-

"Heeeeyyy girrrrllllll," I greeted Brit as soon as I spotted her.

"Hey, Anaya, thanks for coming." She hugs me with a warm smile.

"The place looks so beautiful," I complimented, looking around.