7

Hey giiiizzzze. Follow me for my birthday today ❤️❤️❤️

For the past few weeks, Ryan has been my drive to and from work. I knew by this my mom must have heard about it but hadn't said anything. I honestly don't even care about what the people in the community have to say about it because the fare was raised again, so that means more money would have to come out of my pay for transportation.

Thank God fi Ryan.

We've gotten close over the past few weeks even though he has been asking for me to go out with him, but I kept on putting it off. From what I've seen, he's a nice guy so far, and if I wasn't so focused right now, I'd be in a relationship with him.

Here I am at work right now, thinking about whether or not I should celebrate my birthday next week. Ryan hasn't said anything about it either, so it seems as if he has forgotten about it. I think I'm just gonna do a little self-care and call it a day. I have already told my supervisor I won't be in for work on the day of my birthday so that I can have the day for myself.

"Hey, Anaya," I heard someone call disturbing me from my thoughts.

"Hi, Shane," I answered, seeing it was a guy who had a crush on me at work.

"Are you going for lunch?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm about to," I answered, reaching for my purse.

"It is okay if we have lunch together?" He asked, looking nervous
"Uhh, sure," I smiled, heading out of the office with him.

"What are you getting for lunch?" He asked as we crossed the road.

"A patty. I'm trying to stick within my budget, " I told him.

"Let's go to KFC. I'll pay for anything you order," He proposed.

Shane came from a wealthy background, and I don't know why he settled to work at the clinic as a medical records clerk. As far as I know, he graduated college last year and didn't want to work in his family business, so he begged his grandfather to get him a work here.

"It's okay Shane you don't have to do that," I told him, declining his offer.

"Oh ok," He said, looking sad. "Where are we going first?" He asked

"Let's go to KFC first," I told him as we approached the mall.

He was about to make his order when he asked to buy me lunch again, so I told him yes, knowing he wasn't gonna stop asking. After we got our order, we found a table to eat and made light conversation until it was time to get back to work.

"Finally!" I sighed as I placed the last folder in the drawer. Taking up my bag, I took out my phone to call Ryan as I left the clinic.

"Hey. Where are you?" I asked Ryan as soon as the call was connected.

"I'm about to pull up," He answered at the same time I saw his car coming down the hill. Hanging up, I head towards the car.

"Hey, how was work today?" He asked as soon as I was in the car.

"It was tiring. Wish mi did have a man a go home to fi mek him relax mi muscles," I joked, reclining the seat to get comfortable.

He didn't respond so I looked over at him to see him staring at me.

"A wah?" I asked him. "Nutten" was his reply.

"Are you hungry? I bought food" He told me gesturing to the backseat. Squealing like a kid I reached for the bag in the backseat and opened it seeing he bought jerk chicken with festivals.

My favorite!

"Thank you!" I squealed reaching over to place a big kiss on his jaw.

"Nya memba mi a drive" He grinned.