11

ONE MONTH LATER

Friday March 24

ANAYA'S P.O.V.

The bathroom was now completed, and Mommy said that she wanted to use her own money to decorate it.

The lady a make har own likkle money now so she a show off pon mi lol.

She said that I've done and spent enough on the house, so she wanted to do something as well. And I let her.

Tomorrow is Ryan's birthday, and I decided to do a little something for him since I'm not rich as yet. I'm gonna do the five sense gifts for him. Every time I go to his house, I hide one of them somewhere, praying he won't find them. I wanna surprise him at his house. He said he didn't want to do anything for his birthday, so he invited me over to spend the day with him.

"Hey," I greeted as I entered Ryan's car.

"Hey, how was work?" Ryan asked.

"Same as every day. Mi waa bathe and go sleep right ya now, " I replied, adjusting the seat so I could lay down.

"Yuh plan fi come ova from tonight or ya come ova a morning?" He asked, pulling out of the clinic.

"A go come tonight but mi affi go fi clothes a mommy first," I told him.

"Ah," came his reply.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"Gwaan go bathe mi a go look bout sumn fi eat and yuh can tek the room next to mine," Ryan told me as soon as we entered his house.

"Okay,"

Before going to the room, I tried to carefully retrieve the gifts from their hiding spot, hoping he wouldn't leave the kitchen yet. After successfully doing so, I headed to the room he told me to use and hid them in the closet. After showering, I decided to wear my black silk nightie because as soon as I was finished with dinner, I was dropping in bed.

Affi go put on one brazier under dis cause a ppl yaad mi deh.

Entering the kitchen, I saw Ryan plating the food.

"What yuh cook?" I asked Ryan as I sat around the counter.

"Curry chicken and rice," He said, placing my food before me. "Weh ya do in a nightie," He asked, smiling.

"A go sleep when mi done," I replied.

"Think yuh did a stay up wid mi," He said, opening the fridge. "Yuh want carrot juice?"

"Yeah. Ryan mi really tired enuh" I stressed, hoping he would understand.

"That good man. A trouble mi a trouble yuh" He laughed then we both began eating.

After eating, I stayed with him in the kitchen until he finished tidying up and then went to bed.

♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

Saturday March 25 - Ryan's Birthday

At exactly 6 a.m. I got up and made breakfast for Ryan, which was fried dumplings, fried plantains, and callaloo with a glass of soursop juice. I realize that Ryan loves to eat cooked food and doesn't fancy fast food and that's one of the things I love about him.